iPad Loses WiFi

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
For months now, my iPad has been losing its WiFi connection (although it shows that it is connected). My iPhone and notebook are connected to the same router and have no issues.

I'm running 4.2.1 and it's not jailbroken.

Any suggestions? Thanks

brownsdawg

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine does this. I have concluded that the iPad has a crappy wifi antenna. It's not half as good as my cell phone's wifi, and I'll be using it literally 10 feet (through a door) from my wifi router. No idea why it's so bad. Other devices (cell phone, PS3, computer) are picking up great wifi signal throughout the house.
Sometimes when I tilt the iPad in a different direction it works better... which is annoying.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't have that problem. And if I did I wouldn't tolerate it and return it until I got a unit that worked properly. Get it replaced.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't have that problem. And if I did I wouldn't tolerate it and return it until I got a unit that worked properly. Get it replaced.

Agree. For the price you pay for these things, you shouldn't have to settle for half a**. If mine ever does this, I will take it in ASAP.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem when I got my IPAD and with my iPHONE 4. I ended up re-boot my router (Linksys E3000 on 802.11N/5 GHz) several times and it would work for a couple of days then not connect or loose the connection. I then decided to update my router's firmware and I haven't had a problem since. I even have 2 other WIFI devices operating on the same mode and have had no problems with all 3 operating at the same time since I updated the firmware.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I ended up upgrading the firmware on the router (as it is the same model as yours) and it worked well.

Thanks all.

Good to hear. I had a issue with wifi and I had to chnage it from a WEP to a WPA setting. Was a pain but my internet prover walked me through it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner