Visited apple store yesterday and I was so tempted to pick up an ipad. Made me really miss my 3g ipad. Surprisingly there were loads of people buying ipads, I just could not do it knowing the next generation is right around the corner. Hurry up apple!
    01-27-2011 01:45 PM
    Agreed! but also the longer they wait the more amazing it will be as far as I'm concerned.
    01-27-2011 01:47 PM
    Just picked up my first iPad yesterday at best buy, I am totally in love with this thing. Now maybe my iPhone can get a little break from being used every second of the day.
    01-27-2011 01:53 PM
    I used my ipad 3g non stop. I had to sell mine because I needed something better suited for school. But damn I miss it
    01-27-2011 02:06 PM
    Agreed! but also the longer they wait the more amazing it will be as far as I'm concerned.
    Yeah, problem is the design and internals have probably been finalized for weeks/months now, so the wait now has no bearing
    01-27-2011 06:06 PM
    I ordered a 32gb from the Apple store yesterday. From everything I've read there's not going to be anything on the new one that I really want or need. I never use the dual cameras on my phone or the webcam on my laptop. Faster processor would be nice, but I'm not convinced ipad 2 will get one as faster processors often mean less battery life.
    01-29-2011 12:53 PM
    Only because this is the only device that has finaly made tablets cool and a viable tech form factor, i say take a dive on one. If u end up really wanting the 2, try selling or gazzelling your first gen ipad.
    01-29-2011 01:00 PM
    Noob iPad question. I have a Dell Studio laptop, 500 gig HD, 4GB RAM, and an i4. Besides fun factor, would there be any advantage in dumping my Dell for the iPad?
    01-29-2011 05:22 PM
    Noob iPad question. I have a Dell Studio laptop, 500 gig HD, 4GB RAM, and an i4. Besides fun factor, would there be any advantage in dumping my Dell for the iPad?
    I would keep the laptop.

iPhone Tapatalk
    01-29-2011 06:20 PM
    To me, my iPad will never replace my actual computer. I will always need one, but I consider the iPad more of a companion.
    01-29-2011 06:33 PM
    I do spend a lot of time on the iPad i used to spend on the laptop, but it won't completely replace it. Imo
    01-29-2011 08:00 PM
    I rarely use my laptop now other than to store data on and sync my iPad with. Oh, or when j need to use flash content.
    01-29-2011 08:25 PM
    I completely ditched my laptop and practically abandoned my desktop when I had my ipad.
    01-29-2011 10:35 PM
    Just picked up my first iPad yesterday at best buy, I am totally in love with this thing. Now maybe my iPhone can get a little break from being used every second of the day.
    I totally agree. I bought an iPad last week. I use my phone all the time and now since having the iPad I gave my phone some much needed rest.
    01-30-2011 06:08 AM
    I caved. Shopping at the mall today and just couldn't fight the urge. I missed it too much. Picked up a 16GB wifi only version and use my Nexus S as a portable hotspot. Didn't make much sense to get a 3G and pay two data fees a month when I already pay T-Mobile for unlimited data. I have such a huge grin on my face, been lasting all day. I figure when the next ipad comes out ill sell this and pick it up shortly after the huge order rush calms down.
    01-30-2011 07:27 PM
    I caved. Shopping at the mall today and just couldn't fight the urge. I missed it too much. Picked up a 16GB wifi only version and use my Nexus S as a portable hotspot. Didn't make much sense to get a 3G and pay two data fees a month when I already pay T-Mobile for unlimited data. I have such a huge grin on my face, been lasting all day. I figure when the next ipad comes out ill sell this and pick it up shortly after the huge order rush calms down.
    I finally caved in as well. I ordered a refurbished 16GB Wi-Fi version from Apple.com and should have it by the end of the week. I saved $70 off of the retail price and still got the same warranty as a brand new iPad. I figure I'll wait and see what the next generation is like and if it's enough of a leap in technology, I'll sell this one and upgrade. Buying the refurbished iPad will help offset the cost of upgrading if I choose to do so.
    01-31-2011 11:53 AM
    Keep the Laptop, you will need it for flash.
    01-31-2011 12:11 PM
    Flash isn't as big an issue as iTunes. Need a laptop or desktop to sync. There are very few things I need flash for.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g
    01-31-2011 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD