iPad Notes

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
This is about the standard Notes app bundled with the iPad rather than a third party or Apple add in.

I don't get this app. When I enter a note, all is fine, but the iPad will, on its own, synch with my email and send the notes to the email address I use for my iPad.

While I don't particular want these notes showing up in my inbox, that would be ok if they weren't deleted from the Notes app. I want persistent notes added to my iPad - not notes which erase themselves as soon as the iPad synchs with my email.

In fact, I find the idea of Notes synching with my email to be an utter waste.

Is this a defect or by design? If by design, how can I get notes to remain persistent? Thanks.

epb

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Go into Settings>Notes>Default Account>

Instead of your e-mail address, select "On my iPad" and it will stop synching to your e-mail

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, epb. Same issue on iPhone where I fixed it by going into my email settings and disabling Notes from synch.

The overall issue here is that Apple doesn't seem to understand what 'synch' is.It does NOT mean MOVING - it means duplicating.

epb

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Tell me about it. Every time I synch my videos to iTunes they're wiped from the iPad and I have to re-synch them back. Magical my...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen