Did you get used to the Volume Mute switch?

kittykatta

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
As an iPad owner since launch then I'm in that camp of disgruntled users who hated losing the Orientation Lock. I used it all the time and found the software switch to be inconvenient. But I tried to be open minded and gave it a few weeks before commenting on it.

Well, its been a while now and I've noticed that I NEVER use the volume toggle switch. I tried being fair and giving it a shot but in the end then I feel my iPad efficiency has lowered ever since I lost that orientation lock. But that's me.

So how about everyone else? With so many new iPad users who never knew the orientation switch existed then are you okay with the mute switch?

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i personally hate that switch. just hold volume down for half second it it will go all the way off. its not a phone its an ipad. why do we need a mute button. apple mute toggle button on ipad = fail!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No need for a mute switch. Its not a phone.

but if they remove the home button, they will remove all other buttons. Hopefully that will NEVER happen.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well now there is a choice I have never used the orientation lock and don't even see the need for it but everyone isn't like me. I like the swirch as a mute button it doesn't need to be a phone to need to be muted. Everyone doesn't use the devices the same so now there is a solution to please everyone.

Sarcone

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
One of the main reasons I jailbroke was to get the nomute app that turns the switch back to an orientation lock. I found that I used the orientation lock far too much to not have a simple hardware switch for it. I like the idea of having a choice in 4.3 to accomodate different users.