I was thinking of picking up a 16gb wifi ipad to hold me over until the new one releases.

Right now, they are $499 or $429 refurbished. If they follow the iphone pricing, we should expect a substantial price drop when then new ipad 2 is released.

Anyone have any thoughts on what a new ipad 2 will cost, and what one might be able to sell an ipad 1 when the ipad 2 is available? Maybe someone recalls how much original iphons were selling for on ebay just after the phone 3G was released. I think the original iphone 4gb was about $500. Does anyone remember how much they were going for just after the iphone 3G release.

I dont mind spending the money for the ipad, but I would hate to pay $500 now, and only be able to sell if for $200 in April
    12-29-2010 01:17 PM
    I would imagine that the iPad 2 would be the same price that the first generation iPads were when they first came out.
    12-29-2010 03:38 PM
    Chances are it's the same price, or perhaps $50 less, but I dobut it. No one knows if they will keep the first gen around.
    12-29-2010 04:05 PM
    I would guess that once the new iPad 2 comes out, there will be a plethora of iPad's that will go on sale.
    01-01-2011 11:27 AM
    I purchased the WiFi only model on launch day and sold it a few months ago and had the 3G as well. I just wasn't using it enough with the iPhone. Now that I am iPhoneless I am looking to get a replacement iPad 64G WiFi only again. I just don't see the 3G as critical with so many HotSpots, I have a MiFi already on Verizon with 10GB monthly so I can more easily surf without penalty.

The big question is what will the iPad2 bring to Verizon, WiFi only or a 3G version? They do like their MiFi's but I don't think their iPads are selling to well.
    01-02-2011 05:00 PM
    Anyone have any thoughts on what a new ipad 2 will cost, and what one might be able to sell an ipad 1 when the ipad 2 is available? Maybe someone recalls how much original iphons were selling for on ebay just after the phone 3G was released. I think the original iphone 4gb was about $500. Does anyone remember how much they were going for just after the iphone 3G release.

I dont mind spending the money for the ipad, but I would hate to pay $500 now, and only be able to sell if for $200 in April
    That was only because they were overpriced in the beginning. Once the prices stabled, there wasn't that much difference. I sold my 3G about 3 months ago for $200 which is exactly what I paid for it 2 years earlier. As long as Apple keeps the price point high, the used device market will be strong.
    01-02-2011 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD