Ipad video playback

rtarozzi

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
The Ipad playback, especially utube, is terible. It constantly stops and waits for the buffer to catch up, somtimes. Does anyone have a solution or an app that will smooth out video playback. Streaming, such as Netflix is fine. BTW I am using a WiFi connection with 80% strength. Any tips or tricks will be appreciated. Although I have tried a few. :confused:

Last edited:

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, to me, online video watching is not my dish, it's really waste of time. I prefer to watching videos offline, though sometime need to do converting as the iPad supported formats are limited, but iFunia do good jobs for me.
And for watching YoUTube videos, my suggestion is download the videos offline, there are many YouTube download tools, like iFunia Free YouTube Downloader.

rtarozzi

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Well that's not exactly what I was getting at. I am not a fan of youtube, it's just that many info gathering methods, such as TiBp, use utube to preach to the masses. Therefore, being one of the mass, I am require to ingage utube. It is in this capacity that video playback becomes extremly frustrating.

I am looking for a silver bullet that will allow me to view these occassional glances at the tube without interuption.

O & O
:confused:

Airwolf

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, there really is never going to be a fix to that. Just do what everybody else does: Start the video, pause it for a minute to let everything buffer, and then start it.

There's no way around slow load times. Its the Youtube servers, not your connection or your iPad.

BobR2

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, there really is never going to be a fix to that. Just do what everybody else does: Start the video, pause it for a minute to let everything buffer, and then start it.

There's no way around slow load times. Its the Youtube servers, not your connection or your iPad.

But why do all the pc's on the same wifi download so much faster? General surfing seems comparable, but forget trying to watch a video on tipb about iPads on iPads.... Riduculious in my opinion, something isn't right. My only real complaint about my iPad.

Gadgetholik

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

You're not the first one to face this problem.Innumerable persons have lost hope of viewing youtube properly on the ipad.But i would suggest that you backup all your ipad data in itunes and restore the ipad to factory settings.If this works great,if not consider taking the ipad to apple.

finngirl

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had this problem too, and troubleshooting kept going back to my router. I changed out my old Belkin for a new Linksys.

So far so good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR