My current home stereo system involves either docking my ipod into a receiver/speaker system or using a wire between the ipod headphone jack and the "aux in" on an older receiver.

i really like the ipad's ipod app user interface, so much so that I'd prefer to use it vs. of my old ipod. I assume I could use the same jumper wire from the headphone jack to the receiver, but is there a way to wirelessly stream from my ipad to a bluetooth enabled receiver? Such a receiver exist?
    12-07-2010 05:03 PM
    I would assume it's possible since I can stream to my Jawbone bluetooth headset.
    12-07-2010 07:23 PM
    Or you could use the airplay speakers or apple tv
    12-07-2010 08:34 PM
    Or you could use the airplay speakers or apple tv
    Airplay sounds like what I'm looking for, although I really can't tell from the bit of research I did if it's compatable with ipad. Thanks.
    12-08-2010 10:06 AM
    The iPad will work with your current set up so won't be too much to get use to.

If you want to go down the AirPlay route you will need AirPlay compatable speakers (there is a difference between AirPlay and Wi-Fi so be careful).

Apple will have a list of speakers and you should be able to get them on the site directly.
    BrotherNov likes this.
    12-08-2010 11:18 AM
    Is ipad "airplay ready"?
    12-08-2010 11:21 AM
    providing it is on firmware 4.2.1 then yes. If not then you will need to connect to iTunes and click Update then it will be
    12-08-2010 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD