IOS 4.2 on iPad: good or bad ?

Astonv122803

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
ios 4.2 came out last month and i got it straight away and i loved it but sometimes it crashed during multitasking and muktitasking drained battery life abit.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Multitasking is nice, but that's about it. I still love my iPad.

Multitasking seems like such a big thing, to me. I look forward to having it.

Too bad it's not like on webOS, where every app automatically multitasks, as opposed to requiring updates to participate.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Had some issues with Words with Friends at first, but they quickly updated the app and it's working fine now. No more setting up my MobileMe calendars manually as CalDAV accounts. Nice. I forget it has multi-tasking now, I keep going home and then launching apps instead of double-tapping the home button. So used to that! Loving it.

Astonv122803

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ye I agree

Yes I agree that multitasking is probably the best new feature of iOS 4.2, but I agree that the fact that apps don't automatically have multitasking like webos an have to get updated is a bit pointless, and that it dropped the battery life down a bit is annoying. What I also found is that when you multitask it takes down the battery but when you just stay in an app for a while or switch apps by going back to the home screens rather than the fast app switcher it doesn't reduce the battery as much.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was excited for Game Center. Now, I just don't get the point?

The multi-tasking...is *alright*, I suppose. I could just use Backgrounder and be content though.

Oh well...

Here's hoping for something "magical" in 4.3.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Generally happy with the update, but why do so many apps have to run in the background all the time? I like multitasking, but usually when I'm done with an app for the day...I'm done.

Why does an app like Wash Post, Wired magazine or say....Angry Birds need to run in the background after I'm done? Constantly going into the multi- task screen to close old apps is a bit annoying IMHO

Gadgetholik

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

If anybody is facing battery drain problems,crashing issues with the ipad then try restoring it in itunes after backing up all your data in itunes.If the problem still persists then wait for iOS 4.3 to launch as it is rumoured to bring a lot of bug fixes and will hopefully solve your problem.Regards.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I was excited for Game Center. Now, I just don't get the point?

The multi-tasking...is *alright*, I suppose. I could just use Backgrounder and be content though.

Oh well...

Here's hoping for something "magical" in 4.3.

Same here. I load a game and I get an annoying pop up wanting me to sign in to game center. I just want to play the game. I could care less about shinny badges or scores.

multitasking is good, but I don't like how you have to close each one. Why is there no "close all" option?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro