How does your iPad help you throughout your day? Do you feel you are getting your money's worth out of the product? I do, and I've only had mine for less than a week.

I use the big *** calendar synced up with my calendars on my google account so I can add or view events from my pre or my iPad, whichever's in my hand. I use the penultimate app to take notes at school during class, and to journal my everyday thoughts and ideas I have, nicer than carrying 2-3 notebooks everywhere.
    Docs to go premium, kobo reader (cause I already got kobo books, it's the best e reader on my pre), email, and safari help me through school too!
    Games, and Netflix are great in the evenings too.

The only thing I wish I had was an cookbook app that synced with the recipes I've already entered in the cookbook app on my pre

Overall I get ridiculous amounts of use out of my iPad! I'm almost always on it now, and it's the first time my pc has been left off for more than 2 days!
    11-30-2010 11:16 PM
    For the past few months I had abandoned my iPad, but I only recently got back to it when I added 4.2.1. I must say it has not really helped me, but it has made me do things differently.
    12-01-2010 02:42 AM
    I need to be online everyday, almost every hour. I like carrying my iPad than the netbook. Very lightweight.
    12-01-2010 02:59 AM
    Yeah I prefer the iPad over any sort of laptop also. It's so light and compact, I can carry it in one hand, I can flip it around, I can toss it in my backpack and it fits snugly in-between any of my books without taking up hardly any space. So awesome.
    I used to make fun of steve jobs' keynote for using words like that all throughout it... I'm such a hypocrite now... But I don't care, cause I've got my iPad lol
    12-01-2010 04:13 AM
    Lol +1 for the palm pre+iPad combo (webos is really good IMO, just needs ios' apps & api's)

What calendar app r u using on iPad? It syncs new events to that google account? Cause I don't think saisuke is doing that for me.
    12-02-2010 10:53 AM
    Thanks! The webOS will be much better with just with few more key apps, (its got most of them now) and some better BIGGER hardware.
    I'm using the stock calendar app! It syncs with all google calendar entries if you follow these instructions:
    Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

It shows how to set up gmail for push settings through an exchange account, and then the link at the bottom shows you how to set up google sync to Sync up multiple calendars with your phone! Automatically!

I can put a new calendar entry in the calendar on my pre, and then pull out my iPad and open the calendar on it... Voila! The new entry is already in my iPad!

I'm only 21 but if you're older and like to keep things organized between you and your significant other, I highly recommend using google calendar sharing and syncing whatever calendars you like with each other via this push method.
    My boss did this between his pre and his wife's iPhone and they seem to like the feature
    patricksmangan likes this.
    12-02-2010 03:18 PM
    Sure, but what I'm asking is if u can add events just like that on the iPad and it'll sync to google, so you can see it wherever u have google calendar, like your phone

In using the iPad for a week and a half now, I've got to say that webos beats iOS in synergy of Internet account services, but that may be because I'm not using MobileMe?
    12-02-2010 03:32 PM
    I use google sync on my iphone and love it.

Yes, you can add events to your calendar and it will sync to your google account and vice versa usually within seconds. My wife and I share a calendar and its great.
    12-02-2010 04:14 PM
    Yes you add or edit calendar entries from either or any device and all of them update with the new posting.
    12-02-2010 08:59 PM
    I just use mine all the time now for sending emails and the internet.
    12-07-2010 04:51 PM
    I have desk top computers in most of my environments, so I am never left for want for a keyboard and large screen. However, for most of my reading I was using my Tablet PC. For that I was running out of battery after 2 - 3 hours and with extra batteries and charger, I was carrying a lot of weight. The iPad has reduced my logistics requirements for most of my day-to-day activities. It is also easier for my kids to hold because it is lighter than the slate Tablet PC I have. I love the smaller charger as well.
    12-10-2010 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD