@mac.com email address on iPad

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I updated to 4.2.1 last night - awesome so far!! Only "issue" I'm having is that I've setup my MobileMe mail account with my @mac.com e-mail address. Unfortunately it seems to now only allow me to send mail from @me.com :(

Anyone else having this problem or maybe know of a work around?

Much appreciated.

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
You can use @mac.com???

I've tried adding my MobileMe account with ***@mac.com and with ***@me.com but either way my email address is set as ***@me.com :(

Snowleopards

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Do you have registered account with @mac.com or @me.com? I have registered as @mac.com (long time ago(than wasn't MobileMe)) so thats is reason why I cant add as @me.com. I tried add @me.com and I get onscreen message wrong Apple ID or Password.
This problem is only FW 4.2.1.

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
I have an original @mac.com account (from when it was still called .Mac)
I can register my MobileMe account on my iPad with @mac.com or with @me.com - just can't set my e-mail address to @mac.com (which I prefer).

If you go to settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendar - MobileMe - Account - then what address does your e-mail address appear as?

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Weird that you can only login as @mac.com
So if you also getting your @me.com address then I'm assuming Apple has changed it in the firmware :( Hope they change it in the next update so you can still use a @mac address...

Snowleopards

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Weird that you can only login as @mac.com
So if you also getting your @me.com address then I'm assuming Apple has changed it in the firmware :( Hope they change it in the next update so you can still use a @mac address...

You have right. Do you remember this? http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1027462

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro