Battery Drain

Brooktop

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
After updating my Touch to iOS 4.0 and suffering battery drain like many others (including iPhone users) I think I'll hold off on the 4.2 update for my iPad until I know it's 'safe'...especially seeing as there have been wi-fi issues in the GM version.

I do fancy the benefits 4.2 could bring, but not at the expense of having to fiddle with settings eg airplane mode on, Push notifications and Location Services to off, wi-fi to off when not in use....just to give the same battery life as I has with iOS 3.0.

Would love to hear from early-adopters as to how it affects their battery life. I've only had my iPad for 5 weeks and have been VERY happy with the battery life so far (although my Touch had lowered my expectations :mad:)

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
After updating my Touch to iOS 4.0 and suffering battery drain like many others (including iPhone users) I think I'll hold off on the 4.2 update for my iPad until I know it's 'safe'...especially seeing as there have been wi-fi issues in the GM version.

I do fancy the benefits 4.2 could bring, but not at the expense of having to fiddle with settings eg airplane mode on, Push notifications and Location Services to off, wi-fi to off when not in use....just to give the same battery life as I has with iOS 3.0.

Would love to hear from early-adopters as to how it affects their battery life. I've only had my iPad for 5 weeks and have been VERY happy with the battery life so far (although my Touch had lowered my expectations :mad:)

Well 4.2 was delayed and that "should" have given them time to fix the issue. We won't find out if it did till the next 24-48 hours when the reports come in. I hope it fixed it.

Brooktop

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
It does annoy me when Apple and Mr Jobs say that 'BatteryGate' doesn't exist when one Google serach for the phrase 'ipod battery drain' brings up so many results.

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I noticed it was just about dead by the end of my school day the other day, which was pretty disappointing. Still better battery than my palm pre though. Battery life on that is just terrible.

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
So, does anyone have a nice checklist of tweaks to get the most out of battery life. Now, I am talking about having WI-FI still on since it is generally a necessary component of using the iPad (the way I use mine).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro