Ipad V2?

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Anyone heard anything about it?

Im considering getting an IPAD for Christmas but now I hear there is rumor of V2 coming out that will include cameras.

Any thoughts?

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Just rumors. So far the big ones are:

A landscape and portrait dock,

Front and rear cameras for FaceTime.

That's about it for right now as far as I'm aware

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Ive read 2011 at the earliest for release date, anyone heard different? Sad thing is that most are going to buy these at Christmas and then two months later another revision comes out.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've heard the same rumors the camera for FaceTime being the best one. They will stick to their usual schedule and release it sometime in 2011. However Apple products always retain value and if you bought at christmas it's still got the 1 Year warranty which would increase it's value so it's like a win-win situation.

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Ive read 2011 at the earliest for release date, anyone heard different? Sad thing is that most are going to buy these at Christmas and then two months later another revision comes out.

They will probably announce early in the year and then release in April like last year. You really think you can wait another 6 months? Plus all Apple products really hold their value so you could just sell it when the new one comes out.

Nebulosity

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who doesn't care whatsoever about a rear camera? I love my iPad and I totally get a front facing camera for Facetime but I cant imagine holding this up and snapping pictures. Am I missing something? Do you need a rear camera for Facetime and I'm not aware of it? I've never used it so I just don't know...

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only one who doesn't care whatsoever about a rear camera? I love my iPad and I totally get a front facing camera for Facetime but I cant imagine holding this up and snapping pictures. Am I missing something? Do you need a rear camera for Facetime and I'm not aware of it? I've never used it so I just don't know...

You don't need the rear camera for FaceTime. Having the rear camera, FaceTime wise, just allows you to show whoever you are talking to, what you are looking at.

The rear camera other than this rare instance would be absolutely useless IMO. No one wants to lug around a 9.7" tablet and pull it out to take photos. It will be interesting to see what Apple goes with. Hopefully just the front camera.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No need for a rear camera. It works for the iPhone and iPod touch as thats mobile, it fits in your pocket. Facetime for the mac doesnt require the mac to have two cameras. Its called facetime for a reason too. ;)

The only way I see this working if it they have those rotating cameras, but I don't think thats Apples style.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711