Deleting pictures from iPad

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,

Over the past 6 months I've accumulated lots of various pictures on my iPad. Some were copied over from my iPhone, some saved from emails & some synced via iTunes (from a dedicated folder on my Win 7 laptop).

I have just decided to clear a lot out & delete them, but seem to be having problems actually removing them. I have tried to select & delete them from the iPad itself, but it doesn't give me an active delete button..... & I have tried arranging the folder it syncs with on my laptop to only have the pics I want in it - this just resulted in all of the original pics in there & then duplicates of the synced ones.

It's probably something very simple that I'm missing, but can anyone offer any advice?

Many thanks!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You can't delete photos directly from the iPad. The pictures have to be deleted from the folders being synced. If you have and it still shows the pictures your picture database file may be screwed up. You can try rebooting or you can try unchecking the sync this will remove all the pictures. Then you can reboot the iPad and re-sync everything back to the iPad.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You can't delete photos directly from the iPad. .

WRONG!

Well, sort of.

You can't delete library photos (photos from your pictures folder on the computer) but you CAN delete photos that you saved directly on the iPad. (Sleep + home button, saved images from safari, attachments etc)

AppsforiPads

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I just now wen to my iPad photos app, and by simply using the trash can located in the upper-right hand corner deleted photos... I assume they might not be truly gone until I sync my iPad, but in essence they are gone, you cannot see them.

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Open iTunes, then leave each album sent to iPad that is to be deleted..
Check whether Photos are sync from iPhoto. Press 'Sync' button in lower corner of iTunes screen. Now check iPad and confirm all photos have been deleted. I hope this will help you..

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
WRONG!

Well, sort of.

You can't delete library photos (photos from your pictures folder on the computer) but you CAN delete photos that you saved directly on the iPad. (Sleep + home button, saved images from safari, attachments etc)

OK well obviously you can delete the screenshots but I assumed the OP didn't want to delete many screenshots.

Aulddiy

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Now I work on one 70 year olf brain cell, considering this, can the 1,000+ photo that were pre installed when I bought the iPad not be deleted?
Thanks
John

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73