Apple iPad comes to Verizon

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Apple iPad comes to Verizon; no iPhone yet

The iPad coming to Verizon, from October 28th this year. In the non-AT&T mobile retailer this is the first time an Apple-branded device is appearing.
This iPad includes CDMA-based 3G micro-simcard. Verizon, it is essentially getting the WiFi-only model. This is sold as a set of bundle with a MiFi portable 3G hotspot for the price points as internal 3G models ($629.99-16GB, $729.99-32GB, and $829.99-64GB model).
Customers who aren?t near an Apple store can buy this WiFi-only model as well. Moreover selling this verizone, an Apple-branded product may be the first sales experiment prior to bringing a full CDMA-based lineup to the carrier.
Samsung?s anticipated Galaxy Tab is looking at a mid-November street date. Verizon?s iPad gives customers little more than another location to buy it for now.

Last edited:

ted

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
iPhone next?

The only way this makes sense is if they will also start to sell iPhones as well. Not sure I'd really go to Verizon to shell out for the iPad and the data service when ATT doesn't require external hardware.

DavidSights

Oct 20, 2010
youtube.com
It's a cute little package (two devices for one price), and it's nice to be able to share the Wifi with other devices, but I'd prefer it in one handy device.

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
There is nothing CDMA in the iPad. It's the same wifi version you can get every where else.

No the iPad includes a CDMA-based 3G micro-simcard.
Verizon is essentially getting the WiFi-only model and to justify its presence at a mobile retailer, the iPad will be sold with a MiFi 3G hotspot

Last edited:

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Dude...(@paul100) learn some useful grammar PLEASE!!! Your post is possibly the most jumbled up pile of incoherent garbage I have read this year...and I read a lot of post. Learn to type/talk man! Come on! Deuces.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2