Do the multiple tasking features of 4.2 have any noticeable effect on battery life? Not sure exactly how MT works on iOS, does it keep the app running In the background or just store your current state in memory and restore it when you switch to the app? I can imagine if the apps are actively running in the background it could have an effect on battery life, thanks!
    10-05-2010 01:51 PM
    From what I've noticed on my 3GS if you have a backlog of apps battery will decline quicker. iOS Multitasking involves saving an app in its current state, if it has been updated for iOS 4.x, to reduce memory and processor use, there are a few things which can run in the background whilst doing other things, these are: background audio, GPS (Turn by Turn Naivgation etc) and task finishing, an app will finish its current task then sleep.

You may notice battery life does deplete a bit quicker compared to 3.x but it is not a huge amount.
    10-05-2010 05:43 PM
    Cool, Ty. Can't wait for 4.2!
    10-05-2010 05:54 PM
    from what i've seen, since the 4.2 beta 3 came out my battery life seems to have actually improved since the earlier betas and even since 3.2.2. that's not based on any actual testing whatsoever, just what i've noticed.
    10-23-2010 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD