3G orr Not 3G

terpdog

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I took back my 3G version mostly because if I'm carrying around my iPad I also have my cell phone which has a wifi hotspot and gps etc. The location update is the only thing that I found lacking with the wifi only option. You do have better battery life with the wifi version because no gps/3g. I also found that the 3G and wifi kept messing up ie. were not working/playing well together.

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Depends on your necessity.
If you want internet with you everywhere go with 3G if not but you are in a area which always has wifi i would say then not to waste money adn just go for the wifi!
Hope i helped

iRoo

Sep 21, 2010
www.twitter.com
I'm sure it's already been said by now, but I would personally go with the WiFi model (size is up to you) and use MyWi on your jail broken iPhone for data access wherever you go. The only downside is if you weren't able to grandfather your unlimited data plan in when you upgraded your iPhone. As long as you have unlimited data, you're golden (and saving a bunch of $$$).

Nebulosity

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Good luck with the 3G. I love my wifi model but I'm sure you will love the 3G as well. I use mine at work and at home both of which have wifi so I didn't the 3G personally.

S. Darnell Alston

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I would go with the 3G version. I replaced my wi-fi version with the 3g version and I love being able to go without carrying around a million other devices just to give it internet.

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Because you can turn on and off the contract with AT&T, I figured it was worth it. I don't travel a lot but when I do, I thought it would be nice to be connect. I just add the additional $25 to my travel budget. Then when I am done, I don't have the added expense.

jackitoday

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Getting ready to get an iPad

I have a rooted HTC Evo with wireless tether and a Sprint MiFi so if I have my cell phone or mifi with me, I should be fine with the wifi only model, right?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW