Hi there everyone,

I'm new to these forums, so i apologise if i make a mistake.

I recently bought the iPad 64GB 3G+wifi, and am really happy with it. However, I am a little concerned about the battery. Apple says that we can use it for 10 hours, however after about using it for 10 mins (on wifi), my battery falls from 100% down to around 90%. I only surf lightly, i.e, browsing web pages.

Moreover, when i play a normal game (nothing graphically intense), my battery drops atleast 5-6%.

Just today, i calibrated my battery (completely draining out the battery and then fully charging it). It took me around 3 hours to charge from ABSOLUTELY nothing to 100%. I then restored my iPad and then synced everything again. (after I restored it, battery dropped by 1%). I heard that this fixes problems. Hwever, my problem persists.....

I'm not the only one with this problem, ive seen other posts made by other ppl on other websites, talking about the same problem. I didn't find any good solution to it...

Can anyone advise me to do anything?

Help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!!!
    09-19-2010 09:17 PM
    I don't think my iPad charges when hooked unto my laptop, it just drains quickly...

I read on a few blogs that i should erase everything from my iPad and then restore it, not using the back-up though....is that true?
    09-20-2010 07:03 AM
    Wow...no-one is helping....great, this means i shud leave...
    09-21-2010 11:05 AM
    woah dude don't leave. I don't know exactly what your problems are. but are you using the apple wall mount charger you are given with the iPad or are you using a previous iPhone charger? I've seen massive differences using the iPad one, it charges about 10x quicker and the battery lasts for 8-12hours use compared to 4-5 when using the iPhone one. I thought that the iPhone one didnt charge the iPad but it does, very slowly!
    09-21-2010 05:00 PM
    I think this is happening to me too. It says 100% on my iPad charger and when I take it out it drops to 99. Anyone know?
    09-26-2010 07:56 PM
    woah dude don't leave. I don't know exactly what your problems are. but are you using the apple wall mount charger you are given with the iPad or are you using a previous iPhone charger? I've seen massive differences using the iPad one, it charges about 10x quicker and the battery lasts for 8-12hours use compared to 4-5 when using the iPhone one. I thought that the iPhone one didnt charge the iPad but it does, very slowly!
    Well thanks for telling me to stay, appreciate that.

I use the charger that came with the iPad.
    A few days ago the battery lasted quite long, it still is, but not as good as it did a few days ago. I feel that this battery problem comes n goes....my brightness lvl is 1/4.

Btw, does the iPad last for 8-12 hours with continuous usage?

Also, i heard that the wifi models hv better battery lives than the 3G. But if i use wifi only, it shud act JUST like a wifi only iPad.....right?
    Last edited by Jay10; 09-28-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    09-28-2010 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD