Hey guys. I want to buy a used iPad today and i want to ask you what should i be looking for when checking it out?

Of course i'll be looking for physical damage, but what else should i check to see if it works?

Thanks.
    09-10-2010 02:07 AM
    hi i guess you should be looking for scratches on the screen, and check all the applications if they work
    I have one for sale that i bought u are welcome to look at it and see if it fits your needs, i bought it a the apple store alittle over a year ago, it works perfectly, its ipad 3 with wifi 16 gb and i bought it for 5 19 plus tax, i am selling it for 350, plus you can have the silicone cover for free, my parents just gifted me a new one so i dont need it anymore.
    let me know if you are interested.
    thanks
    11-19-2013 11:22 AM
    Hey guys. I want to buy a used iPad today and i want to ask you what should i be looking for when checking it out?

Of course i'll be looking for physical damage, but what else should i check to see if it works?

Thanks.
    On any device (iPhone/iPad/iPod) running iOS 7, make sure that there’s no activation lock engaged. That is a feature that Apple put into iOS 7 to assist with blocking stolen devices from being reused without authorization. If you are being prompted to enter the iCloud password for the existing user BEFORE it allows you to access/activate the device, RUN the other way. There is no way around this activation lock, and if you bought one with no recourse against the seller, you just bought a paperweight.

The original iPad, iPhone 3GS (and earlier) and iPod Touch generation 4 (and earlier) are not capable of running iOS 7... but on anything newer than these, beware. Caveat emptor.
    11-19-2013 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD