iPad WiFi Owners- Do you regret not getting the 3g?

RunnerX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Not at all. My work even allows me to connect to its network to get email and calendar entries.
so far I am just trying to determine how to use it more.

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Not at all. I only use the iPad at home. It cannot replace a notebook for business and its not portable enough carry around.

Gee-Air-Mo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
No regrets!

I don't. I use my iPhone for when I am out and about. I use my iPad at home and that is where it stays. My friend has a 3G and uses it at work because she has a Blackberry for her phone.

Plus, isn't another one coming out this year? I am an Apple victim. I buy the new thing when it comes out.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I do not. The only time I was out and about with the iPad with no wi-fi signal was when I was in San Francisco... where 3G would not have mattered because AT&T's coverage in the bay area sucks bilge water.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
When my 3G iPad was stolen, I replaced it with a WiFi only. I do have a Vz MiFi. However, I first activated my 3G when, in a lower Manhattan location, AT&T speed was, at least at that time and location, higher than that of Vz.

dgo

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy I didn't get the 3G version

It's a ridiculas monthly fee for crappy 3G service. 3G is not quick enough to browse full websites on the iPad.

I mainly use my pad at home or in the office. If I ever need it on the go then I just teather it to my iPhone 4 with mywi! I don't think anyone should have to pay for 2 separate 3G connections

saberahul

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

It's a ridiculas monthly fee for crappy 3G service. 3G is not quick enough to browse full websites on the iPad.

I mainly use my pad at home or in the office. If I ever need it on the go then I just teather it to my iPhone 4 with mywi! I don't think anyone should have to pay for 2 separate 3G connections

Agreed. I always have wifi and when I don't I will be using my iphone on Verizon. Currently I use the blackberry but as soon as I get the iphone tomorrow I'm going to throw this phone and drive over it.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

I disagree. My first iPad was the 3G version and I loved it. Speed was snappy and I never had issues loading up anything. Now I have a wifi only and i tether my Nexus S. Works great. Didn't make sense to pay 2 data fees when I can tether.

Link

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 3G iPad but I don't use the 3G data very often. However, it came in handy when I went on vacation and had no internet at the hotel we stayed at and also when I stayed with a relative who moved to a new house and didn't have internet hooked up yet. I was impressed at how fast AT&T's 3G was in the places I traveled. However where I live, AT&T is not 3G only Edge and the internet is not fast on Edge at all. The 3G is good for backup and it has been useful to have as an option. Since I now have a faster smartphone with internet on it, I doubt I would pay extra for the 3G option again.

Last edited:

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
At first I didnt regret getting a non 3g iPad at all, but the more I use it, and especially on the go, I wish I had gotten the 3g + WiFi version.

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I used to regret it until I got my i4
When I got my i4 I immediately downloaded Mywi from Cydia an now wherever I am I have 3G or Edge on my iPad and iPhone though the iPad 3G did have one thing I still want on my iPad... The GPS... :p

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I used to regret it until I got my i4
When I got my i4 I immediately downloaded Mywi from Cydia an now wherever I am I have 3G or Edge on my iPad and iPhone though the iPad 3G did have one thing I still want on my iPad... The GPS... :p

I was using MyWi for a bit also to make up for the lack of 3g on my ipad, but MyWi messed up my wifi for my phone. Every time i unlocked the phone with MyWi installed, I would have to go into the wifi settings and manually connect my phone to wifi. Couldn't stand it anymore so I deleted MyWi.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I was using MyWi for a bit also to make up for the lack of 3g on my ipad, but MyWi messed up my wifi for my phone. Every time i unlocked the phone with MyWi installed, I would have to go into the wifi settings and manually connect my phone to wifi. Couldn't stand it anymore so I deleted MyWi.

Weird, what version of mywi? I never had this issue, and dont (yet) on 4.2.1 JB

lilbukka

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
No I don't

I don't regret getting the wifi version because I have a clear hotspot modem that I use its unlimited for 45.00 per month and its been fast and reliable.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods