iPad and Kindle Owners

anon(17713)

Banned
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just curious.....how many of you own both a Kindle and an iPad. I know that the iPad has a the Kindle app which works very well, but I hear that when it comes to reading only, the Kindle may be a little bit better.

I don't own either, but I'm looking at picking up the new Kindle 3. At $139 it's a great price. However, I do plan to purchase an iPad at some point and I just wonder if it will be worth owning both devices.

Thanks!

2pugs+gmom22

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I own a K1 and the iPad and I love them both! My K1 is still my go-to reader for books and long periods of reading but I'm really enjoying my iPad for picture intensive things like magazines. I'm spending a lot of time on my iPad surfing the net, reading emails, playing WWF, etc. and like having the Kindle app on it but I still wouldn't give up my K1 for anything! For me, having both is having the best of both worlds. DISCLAIMER: Opinions are like noses and other things - everyone has one and this is mine! :)

Kathy in NC

katiiegm

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
My husband gave me a Kindle for Christmas and I love it but I started getting Ipad envy when Ipads started appearing everywhere. The colors, Dear husband completely surprised me for my birthday a few weeks ago so now I own both a Kindle and an Ipad. The Kindle has much better reading/researching capabilities than the Ipad but the main reason I like having both - you really can't read on the Ipad in the sunshine - so whenever I am outside Kindle is the choice.

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
The kindle is, in fact, better for strictly reading books. It has some kind of special screen that is designed for the simple purpose of providing high contrast between black and white - and also the glare/shinyness is not as bad. A kindle is much more like an actual book.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
The kindle is, in fact, better for strictly reading books. It has some kind of special screen that is designed for the simple purpose of providing high contrast between black and white - and also the glare/shinyness is not as bad. A kindle is much more like an actual book.

This difference only affects me when reading in daylight. Some may do this often. I don't.

I use the iPad indoors much more often, so the iPad's advantages over the Kindle trump the Kindle's over the iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW