Pen for iPad

Exergy

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
So I've been using the pogo stick and notes plus for taking notes at school but I don't find the pogo stick very accurate. Is there any other options out there that might be more accurate?

Thank you in advance.
J

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
When you say its not very accurate, exactly what do you mean? I know the point is not very "fine" but out of all of the options that I have tried, the POGO is probably the best out there. Now, I am waiting to see what the Dagi Stylus has to offer but as of right now i'm not too fond of the fact that a hard piece of plastic will be dragging across my iPad screen. It has been said and reports have been made that Apple is looking at creating their own "iPen" that would in essence be the equivalent of using an actual pen or pencil with the iPad. Unfortunately the program used to register input on the iPad, or all capacitive touch screen for that matter, is set up to disregard anything smaller than the size of what could be considered a finger. Basically any smaller than a small child's finger will not be recognized. This is to keep there from being "rouge" marks or entries. For example:

A program used to register entry on a non capacitive touch screen (tablet PC "o" being the entry):

-----------
----o------
-----------

A program used to register entry on a capacitive touch screen device (iPad or iDevice "o" as entry):

-----------
---ooo-----
--ooooo----
--ooooo----
---ooo-----
------------

That's what makes it possible for a plastic stylus to be used on tablet PC's and, even though the technology behind it is more advanced, you sort of get the short end of the stick when it comes to options for a stylus. Stick with the POGO or something like that. The POGO wont damage your screen and is about the most accurate solution for now. Also, you need to make sure that your using the right program to take notes with. Some Apps aren't as good as others at registering pen movement. Ive tried almost all of them and the best one by far at registering pen motion on the iPad is Penultimate. I think you can pick it up for around $2.99. Give it a shot and if you have any other questions let us know. Deuces. :)