There is a new MAME port out for the iPad called iMAME4all.

The original MAME was released in February of 1999 with the intent to save the arcade classics for future generations. The over 2000 arcade games themselves have been dumped from the actual original machine roms and are readily availalbe for download from numerous sites.

Source Link w/Video: MAME Ported For iPad
    08-23-2010 08:15 AM
    I read about that, too, and almost lost my mind. I have a hard time imagining Marvel vs. Capcom performing well using the iPad's resources, but I look forward to giving it a try.
    08-23-2010 11:21 AM
    Seeing how the iOS has very little overhead because at present it can't multitask on the iPad it shouldn't be an issue. You also have to take into account that the amount of memory that the original arcade games ran on was in kilobytes. We are talking about the 80s!
    08-23-2010 12:04 PM
    Seeing how the iOS has very little overhead because at present it can't multitask on the iPad it shouldn't be an issue. You also have to take into account that the amount of memory that the original arcade games ran on was in kilobytes. We are talking about the 80s!
    Maybe you're right, although, some of them, like the one I mentioned, came out in the 90's.
    08-23-2010 12:12 PM
    What about this SNES emulator. You do need a jailbroken iPad and at least one jailbroken iPhone or iPod Touch
    08-24-2010 05:07 AM
    Imstructions for this app are sh!t. It tells you where to load roms, but it doesn't say how. I looked up a Youtube video and the guy was similarly useless. He said he'd explain how to load rooms then proceeds to use apps without introducing them to the viewer or telling us how to get them. I knew almost nothing more when I finished than when I began.

I gather, now, that the only way to load roms is via "ssh," a term I've heard, but didn't really understand. I found a wiki that seems helpful, so hopefully, that will do the job.

I saw something called "iFiles" that might be helpful, but I am not experimenting any more than I have to.
    08-24-2010 10:12 AM
    I don't know why this forum is so dead, so often, when there are so many members and iPads.

Anyway, I wasn't able to get some ROMs to work with iMAME4all, so I tried converting them, but as is often the case, the instructions for doing so leave a lot to be desired.

Suggestions?
    08-25-2010 08:30 AM
    I don't know why this forum is so dead, so often, when there are so many members and iPads.

Anyway, I wasn't able to get some ROMs to work with iMAME4all, so I tried converting them, but as is often the case, the instructions for doing so leave a lot to be desired.

Suggestions?
    Almost 2 years later, same story.
    06-12-2012 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD