I still use the laptop but certainly not as much. The iPad does about 90% of what I need it to do
    03-04-2011 10:09 AM
    It depends what you use the laptop for, but no, i have to say I don't get much usage out of my ipad for work, email etc. it tends to be a leisure item rather than a work item....
    03-04-2011 10:13 AM
    im kind of on the other side of things here. im kinda ditching my ipad for the mbp i just bought. ipads are great, and wonderful, but just not right for everyone. dont get me wrong i love my ipad, for games, movies, and small browsing, but until it can do everything a computer can do, it wont be as valuable to me.

another thing that makes me chose this, though, is im about to get my CDL (commercial drivers license), and get a job as a truck driver. doing this career, im gonna be out on the road, for extended periods of time, at least for the first year or 2. and i decided, for that it would be better to have a laptop, in case something with my phone goes wrong, or if say i actually have to use a website that uses flash. if i wasnt gonna be gone so much, i probably wouldnt of bought the mbp, and would of stuck with the ipad. for the price that it is, the battery life alone for watching movies and tv shows on it is worth it alone. the battery on the ipad (first gen obviously) is amazing. but like i said, it just isnt a laptop replacement for all, unless you arent going to be away from a computer for an extended period of time. if you have a normal job, where your home everyday, and you have a desktop computer, then its great and can replace a laptop in a heartbeat.
    03-04-2011 10:19 AM
    It depends what you use the laptop for, but no, i have to say I don't get much usage out of my ipad for work, email etc. it tends to be a leisure item rather than a work item....
    I agree, I use my laptop for work stuff mostly...but thats at work. At home I used to use the laptop for reading/internet/movies and playing an occasional game.

So now I do all that leisure stuff on the iPad
    03-04-2011 11:44 AM
    I didn't ditch my Macbook Pro for my iPad but last month, my old Macbook Pro decided to go to sleep and never wake up and for the week it took me to get out to the Apple Store and buy a new one, my iPad was my computer. A quite competent computer. I did miss Flash though... terribly!
    03-04-2011 11:51 AM
    I'm getting my first iPad on next Friday. All I use my laptop for is playing Grand Chase, anyway.
    03-04-2011 08:04 PM
    I bought my MacBook Air after I already had my iPad. Still have three Windows systems. Recently had one repaired. One has nothing to do with the others.
    03-04-2011 08:24 PM
    No way! Can't give up the MacBook Pro.. Even if you don't do the word-processing, photo editing/storage, music, etc you should be backing up your iPad with a laptop/desktop. I don't see the iPad as a stand alone device even though I spend a lot of time on it, I see it as a portable extension of my MacBook Pro...
    03-04-2011 08:44 PM
    hard to drop my laptop,it's useful sometimes..
    03-04-2011 10:21 PM
    I still have my laptop, and use it for certain things like listing things on eBay and storing all my photos on. The majority of my online stuff is now done on my iPad, but wouldn't completely get rid ofmy laptop!
    03-06-2011 01:43 PM
    Pretty much...we use the iPad for just about everything...except for creating powerpoints...then I have to use the laptop
    03-07-2011 03:52 PM
    They serve two different functions, so no.
    03-09-2011 11:03 AM
    I don't have a laptop myself, but my iPad has almost completely taken me away from my 24" iMac. I go days at a time without touching my desktop now. Considering the fact that I used to spend hours every night using it, I'm shocked at my quick transition to the iPad.
    03-09-2011 11:26 AM
    I don't have a laptop myself, but my iPad has almost completely taken me away from my 24" iMac. I go days at a time without touching my desktop now. Considering the fact that I used to spend hours every night using it, I'm shocked at my quick transition to the iPad.
    Agreed. +1
    03-09-2011 03:20 PM
    Na, even the droid tablets wouldn't replace computers even with honeycomb.
    03-09-2011 03:23 PM
    Still have my laptop, and use a lot. No way iPad can completely replace it - at least not yet.
    03-09-2011 11:30 PM
91 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD