Im extremely frustrated going from my iPhone4 to my iPad... I have too many apps and have to flip through screens constantly and I want the quick menu and save states...

HURRY UP!!!
    07-28-2010 02:02 PM
    ^ ^ ^ ^
    Can we at least get some spam that makes sense? Lol

But anyways. I totally agree, I can't wait for Multi-Tasking. I'm sooo tempted to jailbreak now to use Backgrounder and unjailbreak when iOS4 hits.
    07-28-2010 02:16 PM
    ^^^
    Sigh, should have kept my mouth shut.
    07-28-2010 02:35 PM
    If it made sense, it wouldn't be spam. Hrmm...after some thought, if it made sense it wouldn't be a typical forum post either!
    07-28-2010 02:45 PM
    Hahaha. I swear there was spam in here. Looks like someone cleaned it up.
    07-28-2010 03:51 PM
    Back to topic... I also cant wait to have 4.0 so I can have folder. Would like to emilnate having several screens of apps
    07-28-2010 04:14 PM
    i am also waiting for 4.0 so,i can do some multitasking .
    07-28-2010 06:14 PM
    i am also waiting for 4.0 so,i can do some multitasking .
    Yeah, I *never* use Pandora or Slacker on my iPad precisely because of the lack of multitasking. It feels like such a waste using this big ******* for just that. Actually, the mono tasking is just frustrating. At least we can play iTunes audio in the background.

But I absolutely agree about the frustration of going from a multitasking smartphone (a Palm Pre, in my case) to a mono tasking tablet.
    07-29-2010 05:00 PM
    I'm also looking forward to all if these mentioned as well as universal inbox. I've gotten spoiled now on my iPhone and I get annoyed switching through my accounts.
    07-29-2010 05:34 PM
    the weird thing is, when Jobs was showing off iOS4 and talking about the features, they mentioned it would be released for the iPad in the Fall of 2010, but when they talked about Multitasking they did NOT list the iPad as having it. It could have been an oversight, but there has not been any sort of comment that has cleared that up yet.
    07-29-2010 08:12 PM
    The lack of iOS4 for iPad just makes me feel like this new "revolution" was a cash grab. No camera, no iMovie, very VERY few 1st party app updates and we have to wait several months for iOS4?

(BTW. If iOS4 for iPad has new exclusive features i'll be okay with waiting. But if it's the same thing as the iPhone update then I just don't get the delay)
    07-30-2010 01:14 PM
    I'd like to see how that works. a huge multitasking interface for iPad. That would look pretty neat!
    07-30-2010 03:02 PM
    I'd like to see how that works. a huge multitasking interface for iPad. That would look pretty neat!
    it will most likely look like the Alt-Tab interface on MacOS X.
    07-30-2010 05:13 PM
    I too am eagerly awaiting the update. It has been very difficult moving between the iPhone 4 and the iPad .. The screen clarity alone is frustrating. I suspect eventually we will see an iPad with Retina Display & Front Facing Camera, however in the mean time hurry up and get us iOS 4 ..
    07-31-2010 11:44 AM
    Yesterday, I did what I told myself I wouldn't do. I jailbroke my iPad. I was tired of starting over in every APP I opened. Backgrounder = Amazing.

As soon as iOS4 hits iPad, I'm restoring.
    07-31-2010 11:54 AM
    I'm hoping they implement multitouch in a big way, at least for multitasking. Especially with the new trackpad bringing multitouch to desktops. I can imagine swiping four fingers down the screen to bring up expos-style multi tasking. We can only dream.
    07-31-2010 05:09 PM
    The iPhone 4 has 512MB of ram. The iPad - 256MB. Multitasking would likely run like a slug on the current iPad. Have to wait for iPad 2. Get your wallets out.
    08-01-2010 08:28 AM
    The iPhone 4 has 512MB of ram. The iPad - 256MB. Multitasking would likely run like a slug on the current iPad. Have to wait for iPad 2. Get your wallets out.
    Backgrounder works like a charm on the iPad. I don't need anything to be "running" in the background. Save states work for me. I just hate, "closing this, waiting for this to load, closing that, waiting for the next app to load."
    08-01-2010 08:35 AM
    Hello. My name Reoxneewpayow, i like your forum
    08-01-2010 08:44 AM
    Hello. My name Reoxneewpayow, i like your forum
    Hello.
    Go here.
    http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-social-...self-here.html
    08-01-2010 08:48 AM
    Think I heard it on "the ipad show" podcast 26 or 27, that the ios 4 update is slated for November.

I got my ipad 2 days ago and it's fantastic but it is a fly in the ointment that it still can't multitask Everytime I use my iphone 3gs, the ios 4 puts a smile on my face. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Apple needs a positive story following the ridiculous iphone 4 deathgrib saga and decide to launch the ios4 for ipad sooner rather than later!
    08-01-2010 04:51 PM
    Not true at all.. The biggest reason for iphone 4 having more ram is because its processor is under clocked under the 1ghz mark to improve battery life. iPad doesn't have concerns with battery life so its processor is running faster. The 3GS is slower then the iPad with same ram and it runs like a champ with ios4 and multitasking.
    08-01-2010 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD