What does your dataplan do for you?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I heard before I got my iPad that although it wasn't on a contract once you sign up for a data plan it would auto renew every month. So when I got my data plan I was watching the days to cancel the plan before it auto renewed. However it stopped working 30 days after I started the plan. I waited for a week to see if it would auto renew but it didn't it just stayed off until I renewed it on the iPad which is the way I hoped it was going to work in the first place. I was also glad to see that if you get to the limit of the plan data would stop unless you upgraded or renewed. Is this the way your data plan works? Give me some details?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I heard before I got my iPad that although it wasn't on a contract once you sign up for a data plan it would auto renew every month. So when I got my data plan I was watching the days to cancel the plan before it auto renewed. However it stopped working 30 days after I started the plan. I waited for a week to see if it would auto renew but it didn't it just stayed off until I renewed it on the iPad which is the way I hoped it was going to work in the first place. I was also glad to see that if you get to the limit of the plan data would stop unless you upgraded or renewed. Is this the way your data plan works? Give me some details?

Mine is the unlimited plan. It is the only plan I have ever had through AT&T and it has always auto-renewed. I had the option to cancel before it auto-renewed, and then restart it for the same rate, but I never took advantage of that option. Now that the plans have changed, perhaps I never will.

What I don't understand about your story is why you watched the 30 days run out if your intention was to cancel the plan. Are you sure you didn't cancel it? When you started it, did it SAY it would auto-renew...or did you skip the fine print?

Mine told me, from the beginning that it would auto-renew and it always has.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
No it just doesn't auto renew, when I tried to sign up I was having problems because of my work firewall. I called Rogers anyway and while the tech was on the phone I asked him if it would auto renew and he said yes. However it didn't if you go to check your account plan it shows the billing period, I intended to cancel before the 30 days but then decided to let it autorenew for another month because I was loving it so much. Well it never renewed so I waited for four days I thought it might take time to update but after four days it still had the same ending date 4 days ago and I didn't have any 3G. So I went in and activated again and 3G was back on, it says I have 10 days so I'll see if it happens again.

Spanbmoer

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Still, even as networks become faster and coverage increases, we think in the next five to 10 years people are going to prefer handling their media in a combination of offline and online environments, not only because networks are consistently imperfect, but also for reasons such as privacy and native performance. Whenever a company takes something away from you, it inevitably amounts to outrage. But in the near term, we think most will enjoy the benefit of paying less for just the right amount of data, while heavier data users pay more.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2