Wifi issues with my son's Xbox

Mister869

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been having Wifi issues with my home wireless network and my iPad.

I have narrowed it down to my son's xbox. I can be sitting down using iPad on the wifi network enjoying life and if he starts playing xbox, I lose signal.

The xbox is not using wifi. We have even tried disconnecting the Internet cable from xbox, but whenever he plays I cannot connect my iPad.

Is it possible the xbox wireless controllers cause interference?

Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix? It is frustrating to say the least.

Thanks.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Try having him "hard wire" the controller to the xbox via a charging cable or something. See if that eliminates the problem. If it does, you know it's the wireless controller. I have not tried to use my xbox and iPad at the same time so I don't know for sure. I will try when I get home from work though as well.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
what WiFi network are you using? G (2.4GHz) or N (5GHz)? If you can set up a 5GHz N network just for the iPad, that may fix the issue, since it will be operating on a different frequency.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
what WiFi network are you using? G (2.4GHz) or N (5GHz)? If you can set up a 5GHz N network just for the iPad, that may fix the issue, since it will be operating on a different frequency.

Didn't think of that. That could work too. Or if you didn't have access to N, maybe just try changing the radio channel in your router settings?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh