I have been having Wifi issues with my home wireless network and my iPad.

I have narrowed it down to my son's xbox. I can be sitting down using iPad on the wifi network enjoying life and if he starts playing xbox, I lose signal.

The xbox is not using wifi. We have even tried disconnecting the Internet cable from xbox, but whenever he plays I cannot connect my iPad.

Is it possible the xbox wireless controllers cause interference?

Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix? It is frustrating to say the least.

Thanks.
    07-10-2010 09:51 AM
    Try having him "hard wire" the controller to the xbox via a charging cable or something. See if that eliminates the problem. If it does, you know it's the wireless controller. I have not tried to use my xbox and iPad at the same time so I don't know for sure. I will try when I get home from work though as well.
    07-10-2010 10:14 AM
    what WiFi network are you using? G (2.4GHz) or N (5GHz)? If you can set up a 5GHz N network just for the iPad, that may fix the issue, since it will be operating on a different frequency.
    07-10-2010 02:49 PM
    what WiFi network are you using? G (2.4GHz) or N (5GHz)? If you can set up a 5GHz N network just for the iPad, that may fix the issue, since it will be operating on a different frequency.
    Didn't think of that. That could work too. Or if you didn't have access to N, maybe just try changing the radio channel in your router settings?
    07-10-2010 03:18 PM
    yeah, I usually keep my G router on channel 11 seems to have the least interference.
    07-10-2010 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD