When I download a book from iBooks the dictionary works fine. When I import my own epub book that I created via Calibre or from a PDF file, I can read the book in iBooks, make all changes, ie. font, brightness, etc. but the dictionary does not work. Any suggestions? Is there a setting somewhere in iTunes I am missing?

Thanks.
    07-09-2010 09:02 PM
    Cool SPAM!
    Anyone? Have a solution?
    07-09-2010 10:51 PM
    This happened to me as well after the update, open the epub file with winzip or stuffit on a mac inside open the file content.opf you are looking for the tag
    <dc:language>UND</dc:language> change that to <dc:language>EN</dc:language> and then save zip all the files backup and rename the extension back to epub. Then make sure you remove the books from your device go into ibooks then add them back to your device and dictionary should now work.
    07-09-2010 11:15 PM
    If you would like this forum has a script that will fix multiple epubs at the same time Apple - Support - Discussions - Dictionary not working after 1.1 update ...
    07-10-2010 02:01 AM
    If you would like this forum has a script that will fix multiple epubs at the same time Apple - Support - Discussions - Dictionary not working after 1.1 update ...
    Got it to work! Thanks for the heads-up.
    07-10-2010 03:07 PM
    Cool SPAM!
    Anyone? Have a solution?
    A solution to the SPAM is to report it so that myself or one of the other mods can delete it and ban the person. Its impossible for us to patrol every single thread and delete the SPAM right away, UNLESS it is reported.
    07-10-2010 05:17 PM
    Got it to work! Thanks for the heads-up.
    no problem when I first downloaded ibooks 1.1 I was going through the same thing so I went on a massive search of the internet heh that one seemed to work easiest and best
    07-10-2010 05:43 PM
    A solution to the SPAM is to report it so that myself or one of the other mods can delete it and ban the person. Its impossible for us to patrol every single thread and delete the SPAM right away, UNLESS it is reported.
    I know it's off topic on this thread, but just wanted to say that I've reported a couple of spam comments that were handled immediately! Great job guys! I really like this group and I've learned a lot.
    07-10-2010 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD