Silencing the iPad at night!

longshadows

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I love my iPad, and unlike my iPhone, I don't have to worry about phone calls in the middle of the night. On the other hand, I do receive emails around the clock and that damn chime wakes me up.

I can go into Settings and turn off message notifications, but that's a bit of a hassle each time and then to remember to go back and turn it back on the next morning.

Apple didn't give us a little switch, like on the iPhone (and they couldn't see their way to permit some cleaver app that could automatically silence at a pre-determined hour and then resume the sounds the following morning!)

So, is there an easy way to "go silent" on the iPad?

Thanks.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I have the same issue. What I dislike is that I have to turn the iPad on, open up the Apple case, and swipe past the lock screen in order to lower the volume. I wish the volume rocker would respond when the device is asleep, or else that there was a setting to optionally use the orientation lock switch (which I never use) as a silent switch like on the iPhone.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP I don't really follow you, if you get emails during the night but you want to turn the volume off that means you wouldn't know they came in why not just turn off the iPad at night? It takes like 5 seconds to boot, it will save the battery and Apple says a reboot is good for it every now and then. I shut mine off at night until the battery gets low then I leave it charging the night it gets low.

omegadivine

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I love the orientation lock haha, for silencing it tho you can just hold down the volume down key for a second or two. I never shut my iPad off so muting is the best thing for me at night.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2