Hey Folks,

Im sorry, this may be a dumb question. I've searched the forums here but apparently 'dvd' is too short or too common of a search term and that makes this search impossible.

I'm travelling to Europe for a couple weeks next month and I would like to put some of my DVD's onto my iPad. I thought iTunes was up to the task, but I was wrong. Is there no option to copy your DVD to your iTunes library? Before I start looking for some third party free DVD ripping software, I figured I would ask here first.. How are you copying your DVD's to your iPad??

P.S - I'm running a Vista PC
    06-27-2010 08:21 PM
    well, free ripping software, I think handbrake really not bad, but now I prefer iFunia dvd to ipad converter, it's a profesional ipad ripping tool. I ran across the recommendation on applethoughts.com: Apple Thoughts: iFunia, A Video Converter for all Your Apple Products
    I got it and tried, the speed and quality are great, of course can do some improve on friendly interface, but in short, it's works nice for my iPad.
    06-28-2010 05:25 AM
    So iTunes will not import your own DVD's onto your computer or into your movie library??
    06-28-2010 04:51 PM
    yeah, not automaticly. You'd better copy or rip them first.
    07-06-2010 09:52 PM
    If your ipad can support the dvd format, then, simply turn the movie to your ipad.
    If not, I'm afraid that you may need some program to change the dvd formats.
    07-08-2010 03:15 AM
    07-08-2010 02:13 PM
    In my opinion you are mistaken. I can prove it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.
    07-20-2010 06:38 AM
    i've converted a dvd to mpeg4 using a trial version of a converter software. Part of my gripes with that include there's no dvd menu structure and I cannot choose fex subtitles is that a shortcoming of the converter software or is it not possible to change subtitles in the ipad movieplayer feature?
    08-01-2010 05:01 PM
    I rip my movies with handbrake, then use videomonkey or aissesoft ipad converter to make them perfect for my iPad
    09-21-2010 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD