Can I buy ipad from the US and use in UK??

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
I live in the UK and want to buy an Ipad. Like everything in the UK, it's overpriced. The 64gb wifi edition is ?600. Can I buy online from the states, have it shipped over and use it over here? or will it be restricted in some way (like xbox 360 games). Would also like to do the same for an itouch 8gb. Want to buy one for my son, but they are ?130 (best price)

I will obviously looking to JB both.

Any advice please?

aiphone4g

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
We sell mobile phones, ipad and consoles games..

We sell mobile phones, ipad and consoles games..

you can contact us at: nicol.clay669 at live com

Regards.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi,
I live in the UK and want to buy an Ipad. Like everything in the UK, it's overpriced. The 64gb wifi edition is ?600. Can I buy online from the states, have it shipped over and use it over here? or will it be restricted in some way (like xbox 360 games). Would also like to do the same for an itouch 8gb. Want to buy one for my son, but they are ?130 (best price)

Any advice please?

I have no firsthand experience, but considering how many ipad's were sold from the US to just about every country on the planet, I doubt you'd have many problems.

Take that for what it's worth.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
it's unlocked

Hi,

Any advice please?

it's sold unlocked so you wont have any probs. I'm not sure about when it needs servicing whether you could ervice it at Apple there or if they would tell you to take it back tobthe country you bought it from :confused:

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The US Wi-Fi iPads will work, they don't use any specific cell phone carrier, etc. The Wi-Fi iPads are like laptops in a way.

Last edited:

NavarroOne

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I live in Denmark and got a 3g ipad from the US complete with US powerplug but you can pull that off and slide on any Apple UK plug from eg airport express. I also got an extension cord from Germany as their plugs work in Denmark but you'll want to get your megaplugs in the Uk ofcourse. as to simcard, I got a cheap one from a local supplier called cbb. Cut it to size to fit the microsim standard and entered the pin and presto, i had 3g service. Even if the ipad isnt for sale in Denmark yet, my Danish itunes account welcomed me onboard with my new ipad and quickly dispensed with the activation and I've since bought 50 or so applications in the store, in addition to my iphone apps. So all in all I'd say no worries mate. Ps dont forget to factor in the duties/vat; my friendly tax department wanted 200 pounds for the service of letting me import my ebay-bought unit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2