JB the iPad

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've decided to take the plunge and JB my iPad. I read up on the process and got the Spirit tool. I'm on a Mac, I read about the SHSH blob but the tool I got for it is an exe which I'm guessing works on Windows. So if you're on a Mac what process did you follow? The only thing I can't figure out is the SHSH blob thing. I don't even know if I need it, if the JB doesn't work I would just go back to OEM I don't need the JB like I do with my iPhone. What apps have you guys used now that you are JBen? Have you used the MiWi or MiFi or whatever it's called? how did it work?

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
MyWi takes your phones 3G and turns it into a mobile hot spot basically. I have used my JB iPhone to get my WiFi only iPad online but what would the purpose be of installing that onto the iPad?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
inverse

My iPhone doesn't have a data plan and my iPad does. My GF's place also doesn't have internet and sometimes she's working on her laptop and needs to use my iPad to look up info. So if I turn my iPad into a hotspot then problems solved.

Vic_C

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Hey all! I've got my iPad j/b for multitasking and SBSettings. Have not tried MyWi or any of that. Also I just use it to change the icons and customize mostly. waiting for the j/b for iOS4 to use MyWi on my iPhone to get tethering for my WiFi iPad. Hope it drops soon.....

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
no JB for me

I'm still not JBen I forgot that I had upgraded iTunes and synced my iPad on 9.2 so the Spirit JB is out of the question for me :( I guess I have to wait until September when iOS4 drops for iPad.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
soon it will be FREEEEEE!

Well they've updated the Spirit tool for iTunes 9.2 so looks like I will be JBing my iPad tomorrow :D

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
Ipheuria; said:
Well they've updated the Spirit tool for iTunes 9.2 so looks like I will be JBing my iPad tomorrow :D

Where did you find that? The Spirit site still says not to use it with iTunes 9.2. The news said a new JB will be out possibly this week, but it's not here yet. The devs are waiting to see about the iOS 4.01 update first.

ny888

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Where did you find that? The Spirit site still says not to use it with iTunes 9.2. The news said a new JB will be out possibly this week, but it's not here yet. The devs are waiting to see about the iOS 4.01 update first.

Google it - "spirit itunes 9.2".. It's 3rd party, have not seen anyone post yet on how well it works.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Well that sucks. I have a Mac and I wanted to be able to jailbreak. I mean there's no rush, but I'm looking forward to doing so.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I decided to skip it for now maybe after iOS4 they'll have something.

What's with all the spammers in the forums :mad:

longshadows

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I tried going j/b when my new iPad arrived. I've had good luck with my iPhone 3Gs, after j/b, but not so on the iPad. Apps would close under Backgrounder. The battery ran down rather quickly. Many of the features I enjoyed on my j/b iPhone are not yet safe to run on iPad (Winterboard for one). The experience was not pleasant. So, after a long weekend of dissatisfaction, I restored my new iPad to factory settings and I've never looked back. In fact, I just took the plunge and upgraded my (previously) j/b iPhone to 4.0. Sure, I've tossed the j/b (for now), but it's sort of nice to be back in safe territory.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I decided to skip it for now maybe after iOS4 they'll have something.

What's with all the spammers in the forums :mad:

Yeah these spammers are pissing me off. Every thread I read Theres some bs spam post!!!! I'm about to email Rene and tell him that the forums are getting ruined with this garbage. :(

ntborg

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
No SHSH

I am a newbie so don't bash me to hard on this question...

Had a ipad on 4.2.1 thought I would jail break it. Used tiny umbrella thought I saved the shsh blob however it wasn't saved off. Updated the ipad to 4.3.3 got stuck on black hole dfu mode. I could boot the ipad tethered but thats it when i rebooted the ipad it went back to the dfu hell. Is there anything i can do to jailbreak it or am I SOL? I tried 4.3.5 ran redsnow it put a cydia icon on the springboard however it is ghosted out. If anyone can help let me know or if i have to wait until 5.0 then so be it.

Thanks!!!

RoyTheBoy

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
If you put the iPad into DFU mode and run the latest Redsn0w, then point to your previously downloaded IOS 4.3.3, and the boot into tethered mode, the Cydia icon should be good and you can finish the jailbreak.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Would MyWi need JB to use? And do it harm to the system?

MyWi is a tethering app that is only available in Cydia. So, yes, you would have to be jailbroken to obtain this app.

Edit: Forgot to add that MyWi will not harm your device in any way.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2