What do you use your iPad for?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I use mine 90% of the time for web browsing, email, twitter and Words with friends. I feel like I should be doing more with it LOL. I just got my camera connection kit so I know I'll be using it for pictures soon. So what do you guys use it for? and feel free to recommend a fav app.

I'm recommending Osfoora(sp) HD twitter client even though I have only tried it for today.

Last edited:

ChrisLuce#IM

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
So far I have used mine for browsing the web while I am away from my machine (in the living room or in the garage) and email. I also purchased this because on the 24th my son and I are driving from California to Georgia to visit family. This will keep us busy on the road and in the hotel rooms etc..

I plan on starting my own business which I plan to use on the road. Thats my plan anyway!!

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
i just got my iPad the other day and since then I have been using it mostly to surf the web, and check my mails while I am on the road. My lappy died a month ago and that made me decided to get the iPad.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
To me right now, it's a great toy to play Scrabble with, and tweeting with it is superior. It's also great great great for watching movies. As long as you get rid of those crappy ear buds and get yourself a good pair of Sennheisers.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
- Email (a lot)
- Internet browsing
- Documents to Go (a lot)
- Dropbox (not as much since DocsToGo accesses dropbox)
- Remote Desktop (primarily LogMeIn, but playing with Jump and Wyse) I use these several times
a day.
- News Readers - Early Edition, USA Today, New York Times, Pulse News, SportsCenterXL
- Watch videos (some from iTunes, Netflix, ABC)
- Just recently starting using CoPilot for GPS directions
- Check weather radar with Weatherbug
- iMNotes to sync my Exchange Outlook notes to my iPhone and iPad

There's several other apps installed that I only use occassionaly. The ones above I use nearly every day.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I use mine at the moment mostly for twitter and browsing the web. I can't wait until the iPad gets some iOS 4 love.

My app recommendation is twittelator for iPad. It's an amazing app, and it works with such fluidity.

Trodecke

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
For the most part I'd say my usage is pretty typical. I use it for browsing and e-mail mainly. I also use it with a church based small group I run. The book we're working from this session is out of print and only available from Amazon so I've got the Kindle viewer loaded for the book as well as the YouVersion app for the Bible. I use the included notepad for making my session/teaching notes. It's very handy as it keeps me from lugging around several books and a binder to the meetings.

In an unofficial official capacity I also use my iPad to connect into work. As a network engineer I frequently get called for after hours support. It takes about 15 minutes to get to a useable desktop on my work laptop from a cold boot. Using the iPad, I press a button to turn it on, VPN in, then use iTap's RDP client to connect into a server. It works really great for those quick little things you need to do.

I use my iPad often enough and for enough things that I gave my 3 month old Core i5 based laptop to my wife and pretty much operate off of my iPad alone for personal use. I still "borrow" the laptop occasionally to sync my iPad with iTunes but that's about it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Apple should be paying me, Do you hear me steve?

OK so yesterday I persuaded a 4th person since I've had this thing to get one. My GF and I went to a wedding planner yesterday, wedding is next year. So we're talking and my GF forgot all her pictures of the flowers, bouquets, wedding cake, etc. so the planner would have an idea for arrangements, colors, etc. My GF has been putting the pictures into our Dropbox so I can print them out at work, so I grab my iPad it's connected through 3G and open Dropbox and bingo the pictures were in huge size glory without zooming like on the phone. The iPad saved the day and the planner loved it, she had a laptop with some pictures she wanted to show us and while it was booting and we WAITED :( she asked how I liked it, how easy was it to use? and commented how much better it would be to show pictures to clients. When we left she was asking whether to get 3G or Wifi? :D

epb

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
A lot of the time, mine sits on my desk at work doubling as a digital photo frame, scrolling thru pictures of exotic cars. When I'm actually using it, I check the weather, read eBooks, watch movies or television (I don't own a tv), or browse the web. The iPad stumbles badly when asked to do actual work, though I'm hoping QuickOffice will get me past that glitch somewhat.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2