Does anybody else know about the apparently problem this case is causing with the 3G iPads? According to one review on their site, it interferes pretty bad with the compass. Can anybody confirm or deny that?

I really like the case, but I'd rather not have to deal with that.
    05-14-2010 02:05 AM
    Ooh, I hadn't heard that. I just ordered one. I guess I might find out when it gets here.
    05-14-2010 10:04 AM
    I've had mine since Friday and haven't noticed any issues. Does the iPad really have a compass, or does it use the to determine direction? If it uses the GPS, then a magnet wouldn't have any affect.
    05-16-2010 12:43 AM
    My understanding is it has a built in digital compass. If it was purely the 3G chip, you would have to be moving for it to guess what direction you are heading, but not be able to tell you what direction you are facing when standing still.
    05-17-2010 11:55 AM
    For what its worth, this is the info from the Apple iPad page:
    Compass reliability may be affected by usage conditions such as nearby magnetic fields.
    05-18-2010 02:06 PM
    oh... heuge interference... but only when its flipped backwards... if its important, it will work when its straight and unfolded, which is completely unusable.. theres magnets in the little stand that keep it flush when not in use...
    05-18-2010 03:19 PM
    Thanks Libuff!

That really sucks, I like the Eco-Vue but I really don't want that interfering with the device. I'm sure it's far to early to see if it will cause long term damage or anything. I guess I'll have to keep looking.
    05-18-2010 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD