How Long in "Prepared to Ship" Status?

mrguilt

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi!

I was wondering what the relatively current experience folks were having with the online Apple Store? I ordered my at about 6 PM Pacific on 5/5. The status went to "Prepared to Ship" at midnight eastern today, May 12 (though it may have happened yesterday and I didn't realize). Deliver is to occur between 5/13 and 5/19.

I've heard of this status lasting between two and four days (or longer). On the other hand, I've heard of cases where folks go home, and it's there. What is typical of what is currently being seen? Is this simply a case of "short times aren't reported?" W

bayourock

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
so if i ordered one 2 days ago (when it was still saying 5-7 days til shipment).....I should expect it to ship by 17th - 19th???

I just hope i get it before my birthday at the end of the month!!!!

mrguilt

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Just to update the timeline for folks who are ordering now:
  • 5/5/2010, 6 PM Pacific--Intitial Order. At the time, shipping was "5-7 business days"
  • 5/12/2010, Midnight Eastern--"Prepared to Ship"
  • 5/13/2010, 17:13 Eastern--Received Shipment Notice

The initial ETA was 5/18. It looks like there was a hiccup; new ETA is 5/20.

bayourock

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
Just to update the timeline for folks who are ordering now:
  • 5/5/2010, 6 PM Pacific--Intitial Order. At the time, shipping was "5-7 business days"
  • 5/12/2010, Midnight Eastern--"Prepared to Ship"
  • 5/13/2010, 17:13 Eastern--Received Shipment Notice

The initial ETA was 5/18. It looks like there was a hiccup; new ETA is 5/20.

Wow.....8 days just to ship.... then almost 5 days to receive.... that sucks

Where are you located??? Funny that the shipping takes so long, usually 2 or 3 business days....

mrguilt

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Strictly speaking, they were at six business days to ship, and five business days to deliver. The "to ship" metric is right in the middle of what they were promising when ordered. The original delivery date (5/18) was also in the withing the original "delivered by" timeline (5/13-19). It sounds like they missed the pickup from FedEx, bumping it out to five days.

I'm located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Based on the tracking info, mine is currently in Hong Kong--it literally is coming from China.

bayourock

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
shipping straight from the assembly line then..... i ordered mine May 11th....it still said 5-7days at the time of my order, so i hope it takes less than 10 business days...... But it sounds like it may take atleast that long..... I should have order earlier.... oh well

Lonestarsharker

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I ordered mine on April 30th (Friday). It went to prepared to ship status on may 8th, and shipped the next day. I received it via standard fedex shipping around 10 am on may 12th. Estimated arrival time from apple was may 10th-14th. Fedex estimated it would arrive on the 13th, and it came a day early.

I am actually kinda impressed with the shipping time. I'm in texas, and it shipped from Shenzhen, china to San Antonio in 3 days.

Btw, my first post here, and yes, I made it on my iPad. Lol.

bayourock

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
today my order status changed to "Prepared for Shipment".....I ordered on May 11th......I have a May 19-25 deliver..... so i hope it gets moving soon....

MDPuckett84

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine around noon May 8th, shipping status was ship in 5-7 business days. On Friday (14th) around 7pm it changed to Prepared for Shipment then a few hours later the system went down. This morning I got a email that it shipped and will be here Thursday the 20th.

According to the tracking number it was picked up about 15 hours after it changed to Prepared for Shipment.

bayourock

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
at 2:56 am central time, I received a shipment notification email. My iPad is on its way for a May 21st delivery.

The FedEx site states delivery on May 21st. The Shipment Notification email states, "delivery by May 21st"......I wonder if i will get it earlier?!?!?!?!

mrguilt

May 12, 2010
Visit site
MRGUILT,
so you had a scheduled delivery of the 20th and got it today????

Depends on how you look at it. When I first got the shipping notice, the status was "information received," and the ETA was 5/18 (today as I type this). Later that evening, it was showing "picked up," but that it missed some timeline, and wouldn't get here until the 20th.

Over the weekend, I tracked it from China to Alaska to Tennessee. It hit today.

So, depending on how you look at it, it came between one (the most original ETA) to three (based on the revised one) days early.

bayourock

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
Depends on how you look at it. When I first got the shipping notice, the status was "information received," and the ETA was 5/18 (today as I type this). Later that evening, it was showing "picked up," but that it missed some timeline, and wouldn't get here until the 20th.

Over the weekend, I tracked it from China to Alaska to Tennessee. It hit today.

So, depending on how you look at it, it came between one (the most original ETA) to three (based on the revised one) days early.

lol....... Well no clear answer, I guess i am going to just expect it on my FedEx tracking page for May 21.....Even though my email confirmation is for the 20th..... either 20 or 21 i guess

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73