View Poll Results: Now or Later?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • The hell with waiting, Buy it Now!!

40 63.49%
  • Wait for a better deal and/or 2nd gen!!

23 36.51%
    to the OP....so what was the decision?
    Are you asking about the result of the poll? It is not closed yet. However, the opinion seems to be about 7 to 3 in favor of buying now. Does anyone think that if it is kept open for another week, the results will change?
    05-20-2010 07:00 PM
    The iPad will drop in price next year I'm sure but probably only by $50 per unit. I say buy it now and then when the new one comes out sell the original one to someone.
    buy it now with a discover card and get 5% cash back. Thats what I did
    05-20-2010 07:55 PM
    If one is not able to decide whether something is a tool or a toy, asking other people what to do is about as good a way to make a decision as any.

The opinion of others is fairly clear in the poll above.

Who wants to bet me that it helps?
    Who said one couldn't decide?

Seeing shades of grey is not at all the same as indecisiveness.

Asking others for help isn't much of a crime, either, although I think this thread was more about discussion, entertainment, and debate. The poster didn't even say what his (?) needs were, for us to answer whether ONE should buy it or whether S\HE should buy it.
    05-20-2010 09:19 PM
    ok the last few posts i read sound like poetry lol :X

i been reading and reading all these posts and from the sounds of it, i think i will have to take the leap and get me one asap! I will use it mostly in my car as my media library, etc. i have big plans for this thing! I will create a new thread with my new project soon
    05-22-2010 12:53 AM
    I'm waiting for the second gen because it hasn't been released here (Ireland) yet but up to now, second generation models have been released closer to US release times, so by the time gen one is finally released here, it'll only be 9 or 10 months to wait...
    05-22-2010 07:48 AM
    I'm waiting for the second gen because it hasn't been released here (Ireland) yet but up to now, second generation models have been released closer to US release times, so by the time gen one is finally released here, it'll only be 9 or 10 months to wait...
    I thought you were going to say 2 or 3 months, but you're still basically yanking a yearlong wait.

Heck, it is ALREADY about 10 months before the anticipated release of iPad 2: iHarder!
    05-22-2010 08:57 AM
    UPDATE!!!! new iPad User here.... thanks alot guys, u all helped me out alot!!!!!

http://forum.tipb.com/showthread.php...79#post1577879
    06-02-2010 11:11 PM
    I thought you were going to say 2 or 3 months, but you're still basically yanking a yearlong wait.

Heck, it is ALREADY about 10 months before the anticipated release of iPad 2: iHarder!
    I dunno what I was talking about here. Maybe one of those flawed iPad keyboard autocorrects?
    UPDATE!!!! new iPad User here.... thanks alot guys, u all helped me out alot!!!!!

http://forum.tipb.com/showthread.php...79#post1577879
    Congrats. 3G or what?
    06-02-2010 11:18 PM
    Thanks!! and
    nope... just the 16gb wi-fi
    06-02-2010 11:23 PM
    Based on history with the iPod and iPhone, does anyone think a hardware upgrade will be released by Christmas?

If so, to what extent? In other words, just minor tweaks like processor speed and batter... or major upgrade like camera and reduction of weight?
    08-26-2010 04:53 AM
    I'm glad I didn't bother waiting either. I always say this but I'm pretty happy with the current model. The only real way I would want to upgrade is if a retina display was offered. I'm sure Apple will include some killer features that I can't resist though.
    08-26-2010 04:23 PM
    Now or later. The perennial debate in technology, and all things consumer. I advise not to buy brand new, and never buy top of the line. Because I don't like to pay to be a beta tester, IMHO.
    08-26-2010 05:41 PM
    Retina display on ipad: Its hard to imagine what 326ppi would look like on an ipad. Wow.

Does anyone know why iPhone 3Gs is 163 ppi and the ipad is only 132ppi? Technology limit? Cost limit?
    09-07-2010 07:01 PM
    iPad 2 I'm betting wont be till next April. Apple loves their cycles thats for sure. I'd LOVE to see dual cameras and retina display! holy crap retina on a 10 inch iPad sounds soooo awesome!!!
    09-08-2010 03:18 AM
    I'm having the same dilemma, I have an iPhone 4 and am going on holiday on friday, I'm thinking of getting an iPad to use on the flight and then on the beach when the Mrs is reading a book or something. The only thing is I'm not sure I can justify the 500 to get one when I already have the iPhone that can do all the same things but just has a smaller screen.

Plus, I'm thinking that it's now only about 6-8 months until the generation 2 one comes out and I'd really like to see it with the retina screen which will surely happen in the second gen one.

so go ahead, convince me :-)
    09-08-2010 11:24 AM
    I got mine today, now i can't believe I waited as long as I did....I love it....got a 16gig wifi....now if only I could jailbreak....hope when 4.2 is released it gets jail broken quickly....
    09-08-2010 02:17 PM
    just been reading this on my iPhone and ordered it now.thx great thread :-)
    09-08-2010 07:01 PM
    I would definitely keep waiting if you've waited this long.

iPad 2G or whatever they are going to call it should be out around the same time as the first, so it really isn't too far away now.
    09-08-2010 07:45 PM
    I would definitely keep waiting if you've waited this long.

iPad 2G or whatever they are going to call it should be out around the same time as the first, so it really isn't too far away now.
    That was my mindset at first but I caved....so glad I did....and if the iPad 2 (or whatever they end up calling it) has enough improvements then I'll sell my current iPad and get the new one....
    09-09-2010 02:22 PM
    Why wait? The resell value is very high on used iOS devices anyway
    09-10-2010 01:15 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD