Official iPad Man-purse Thread

iphoneedmonton

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
I like the look of that one.
I'm using the Kenneth Cole New York Coated Canvas Day Bag. I just wish it had a few more compartments for items.

Mrjr

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm eagerly anticipating my new iPad purchase, still, but I've been using a Case Logic E-sling Medium since the end of last year. As soon as the iPad was official, I knew I'd be stuffing it in this bag. It's well built, and has enough pockets for the necessary accesories.

Nemisportsman

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
That Ristretto looks nice but a bit pricey considering I would be the object of ridicule and the butt of jokes.....if it was $20 I would consider it:)

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
So far these satchels/murses look rediculous. The search continues.

Hmmmm. Ridiculous? Manliness (or lack thereof) is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. I would think a field engineering bag (my personal choice) is somewhat casual and manly-looking. It certainly doesn't scream Gucci ;)

okgodoit

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Finding the perfect bag is a big issue for me as well. I want something that's not too big yet big enough, and perhaps more importantly something that doesn't scream "man purse". I can't say that the limited pictures on a website are enough for me, as I like to go to a store and actually check them out. The problem is, Best Buy and Staples don't really have the kind of bag I'm looking for. Can anyone else suggest a physical store I could go to (I'm in the southeast) that has a good selection of man-bags?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
So this thread got me to go out today and venture for a carrying solution for my iPad. I am a single dad so I had to find something that also could hold spare diapers, wipes and a few other accessories. Today I found it. Made my Targus, it is a nylon bag. Has velcro (which I like cause I can hear if someone is accessing my bag). And it came with 2 interchangeable straps (green and black). It works great and doesnt have a huge amount of pockets, etc but just enough to hold exactly what I need. The spot where the iPad goes is tightened by a spandex like material and it is also padded. I may get an extra padded sleeve just in case but it seems to be sufficient. I love it. Its a great messenger bag. Check it. I saw a few of those "satchel" type bags and tried a few on. They looked silly. Cost? 18.00 bucks at Marshall's.
2010-05-06_18-42-26_81_Gresham.jpg

2010-05-06_18-41-39_500_Gresham.jpg

2010-05-06_18-41-56_179_Gresham.jpg

iphoneedmonton

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
I know here in Canada Mountain Equipment Co-Op (similar to REI in the US) has a lot of different satchel bags that are nice and sporty. I think I might check them out this weekend. I need one with more compartments.

oddfellows

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Custom Leather bags and cases for the iPad

Hello!

My Name is William and I happen to make my living as a leather worker. The name of my shop is Oddfellows Leatherworks, and we're out of NE Ohio. I have been making satchels for about 5 years now out of all types of leather in whatever designs my customers can think of.

I am also the proud owner of a new iPad 3g and have already started making satchel patterns for my own use. I love doing the work and if anyone would like to discuss getting something unique made, I would love to talk options on a custom bag, and see what happens from there.

You can email me at oddfellows.leather at gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to see some example of my work.

And no, I don't have a website. Myself and my crew (wife and 2 others) are swamped with shows. I am usually found at a ren faire any given weekend, somewhere in the country, or slaving away in my shoppe making new product. If I were to add a website I couldn't possibly keep up...

Hey, thanks again for your time and I hope to hear from some of you folks in the near future.

William

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So this thread got me to go out today and venture for a carrying solution for my iPad. I am a single dad so I had to find something that also could hold spare diapers, wipes and a few other accessories. Today I found it. Made my Targus, it is a nylon bag. Has velcro (which I like cause I can hear if someone is accessing my bag). And it came with 2 interchangeable straps (green and black). It works great and doesnt have a huge amount of pockets, etc but just enough to hold exactly what I need. The spot where the iPad goes is tightened by a spandex like material and it is also padded. I may get an extra padded sleeve just in case but it seems to be sufficient. I love it. Its a great messenger bag. Check it. I saw a few of those "satchel" type bags and tried a few on. They looked silly. Cost? 18.00 bucks at Marshall's.
2010-05-06_18-42-26_81_Gresham.jpg

2010-05-06_18-41-39_500_Gresham.jpg

2010-05-06_18-41-56_179_Gresham.jpg

Looks good. I hope incase makes a iPad backpack. I don't do well with messengers because I always bump them into walls/doors/other misc. Objects

Lady Kaede

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
STM Cargo Small

I don't have my iPad yest, but in expectation, I did buy a new bag for it. It's large enough top hold a 13" laptop, but still seems quite small and light to me. Comes with a removable padded laptop cell (which I don't intend to use) and a removable cable pouch. Built tough, looks good. From STM in Australia, it's their "Cargo Small" bag.
web.jpg

I bought it through eBags. They also make an iPad jacket, and a vertical messenger bag that's similar. Highly recommended.

happycamping

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
I am in the same boat looking for a bag that will fit my ipad, charger and a few little extras for traveling on business. Now I can't call it a "man purse" since I am a female but I was looking for something similar to what I believe the other men on this post was looking for.

This is the solution I found so far (found on ebay as well for a few bucks cheaper). Heading to Staples (business store) at lunch to see if I find anything different so I have it for my trip this weekend.

Netbook Messenger Netbook/iPad Bag - Case

happycamping

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
So I broke down and emailed Skooba (the bag company I mentioned above) because I saw that if you got on their email list they sent you a 20% off and free shipping coupon. So I went ahead and did that. Unfortunately it had to be on orders over $50 and the bag retailed for $49.95. I emailed the company and I received a kind email from a lady named Nancy who was nice enough to appologize and explain the pricing situation. She offered for me to order the bag and she would adjust the pricing and amount charged and give me the 20% off plus free shipping. Since she was so quick and kind I went ahead and ordered off their site. Within minutes of me emailing her my order number, I received a new sales slip with the discount.

My $49.95 bag cost me $39.96, it will be shipping today and I should have it within 2 days!

I must say that I was very impressed with the Skooba Design (especially Nancy) people and am really excited to get my iPad carrying bag for my business trip this week!

Happy hunting to the rest of you out there....hope you find exactly what you are looking for!

ericadams01

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
So I broke down and emailed Skooba (the bag company I mentioned above) because I saw that if you got on their email list they sent you a 20% off and free shipping coupon. So I went ahead and did that. Unfortunately it had to be on orders over $50 and the bag retailed for $49.95. I emailed the company and I received a kind email from a lady named Nancy who was nice enough to appologize and explain the pricing situation. She offered for me to order the bag and she would adjust the pricing and amount charged and give me the 20% off plus free shipping. Since she was so quick and kind I went ahead and ordered off their site. Within minutes of me emailing her my order number, I received a new sales slip with the discount.

My $49.95 bag cost me $39.96, it will be shipping today and I should have it within 2 days!

I must say that I was very impressed with the Skooba Design (especially Nancy) people and am really excited to get my iPad carrying bag for my business trip this week!

Happy hunting to the rest of you out there....hope you find exactly what you are looking for!

What color did you get? I'm thinking about the red one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh