anyone else have bad battery life after JB with spirit? only have SBSetting, Backgrounder and poof installed
    05-03-2010 08:12 PM
    Yea i have noticed it too, it's gone down to nearly 70% in under two hours. I use to be able to use ipad heavily with gaming, Internet, music and video for the whole day almost, at this rate it won't last but maybe half the time
    05-04-2010 03:05 AM
    My experience has always been that battery life was always a casualty of JB. Especially if you are running Backgrounder.
    05-04-2010 08:05 AM
    Yes, my jailbroken iPhone really sucks the juice and my iPad drains noticeably faster. I may not bother keeping my iPad jailbreak and just restore to its original condition.
    05-04-2010 02:34 PM
    Yes, my jailbroken iPhone really sucks the juice and my iPad drains noticeably faster. I may not bother keeping my iPad jailbreak and just restore to its original condition.
    Yowza.

I would rather stick with mono-tasking if jailbreaking results in THAT big of a sacrifice in battery life. For me, the battery life is one of THE best features, if not the absolute best.

This from a guy (me) who gripes about mono-tasking all the frickin time.
    05-04-2010 02:55 PM
    This is why I won't jailbreak. I don't see the need anyway
    05-04-2010 03:14 PM
    Yowza.

I would rather stick with mono-tasking if jailbreaking results in THAT big of a sacrifice in battery life. For me, the battery life is one of THE best features, if not the absolute best.

This from a guy (me) who gripes about mono-tasking all the frickin time.
    I'll likely try jailbreaking again because there are a couple advantages that work for me. I probably won't use backgrounder because I suspect it's very inefficient. I'm sure that Apple's solution in OS 4 will manage battery life better, otherwise they wouldn't do it and compromise the user experience.
    05-05-2010 02:46 PM
    So is it safe to assume the decrease in battery performance is attributed to certain apps installed (ie. Backgrounder) and not the jailbreak itself?
    05-05-2010 06:52 PM
    So is it safe to assume the decrease in battery performance is attributed to certain apps installed (ie. Backgrounder) and not the jailbreak itself?
    Good question. I don't think it's entirely clear, at least not to me. Part of the reason why I'll jailbreak again is to experiment with this very issue
    05-05-2010 07:32 PM
    I think it may be. I am jailbreaked, and I play Snes with the wiimote on it via bluetooth and it works great and battery still lasts
    05-05-2010 08:59 PM
    I guess it was the fact that i was downloading stuff for a while off Cydia and trying new stuff...bc the battery life hasn't been hay bad since then.
    05-05-2010 09:47 PM
    Good question. I don't think it's entirely clear, at least not to me. Part of the reason why I'll jailbreak again is to experiment with this very issue
    Please fill us in on your findings
    05-05-2010 10:23 PM
    Please fill us in on your findings
    I jailbroke again last night and have been very careful about what I've installed since. No backgrounding yet. Battery life is like it was pre-jailbreak. So, after VERY preliminary testing, I'd say that jailbreaking in and of itself has NOT caused any faster battery drain issues for me.
    05-06-2010 01:43 PM
    I jailbroke again last night and have been very careful about what I've installed since. No backgrounding yet. Battery life is like it was pre-jailbreak. So, after VERY preliminary testing, I'd say that jailbreaking in and of itself has NOT caused any faster battery drain issues for me.
    That sounds worthwhile, if only to use the app that makes the device think I am using wifi, so that I can play YouTube videos that are actually discernible.
    05-06-2010 02:25 PM
    That sounds worthwhile, if only to use the app that makes the device think I am using wifi, so that I can play YouTube videos that are actually discernible.
    Exactly. My iPhone carries the jailbreaking load for me. I want to be somewhat minimalist with my iPad jailbreaking apps. Not too much. Don't want to drain it too fast.
    05-06-2010 03:39 PM
    Got my iPad jail broken on Monday and my ipads battery has been behaving exactly the same since.
    05-07-2010 01:50 AM
    Exactly. My iPhone carries the jailbreaking load for me. I want to be somewhat minimalist with my iPad jailbreaking apps. Not too much. Don't want to drain it too fast.
    I've added more jailbreak apps since and still haven't noticed any battery difference. Important to note, however, that I haven't used Backgrounder.
    05-10-2010 06:45 PM
    I refuse to jailbreak my iPad but I did do it to my iPhone and my battery life has dramatically decreased since using spirit the other week. I am very disappointed but have no other choice other than going back to "stock".
    05-10-2010 11:47 PM
    Is anyone using Full Force to enlarge iPhone apps to appear better on the iPad?
    06-09-2010 09:16 AM
    JB itself has no effect on the battery, every iPhone I've had has been JB from day one because I don't have a data plan on my cell account. I have had bad battery life a few times but 90% of the times I've had better battery life than most vanilla iPhones of friends I know. I'm thinking because my 3G is permanently off. I hardly ever charge during the day, charge my phone overnight and then full use throughout the day until I charge it at night again. Even with the worst battery life which I found out was because of notifications and push I was still at 30% by night time when I went to charge. I am however a very light JB user I have Winterboard with just wallpaper and sliders no themes, Cycorder and SBSettings that's it. This is on a 3G too, so I would say it's what you do after you JB that is going to really drain the battery. You can test it yourself JB the iPad but don't put anything on just leave it JBen for a week and see how different your battery life is?
    06-09-2010 10:28 AM
    Is anyone using Full Force to enlarge iPhone apps to appear better on the iPad?
    Yes, it works beautifully for a few apps but some apps go kinda kooky but are still functional. It does not work with games however, they go nuts or you can't 'click' anything.

On a separate note, anyone know any good iPad themes?
    06-12-2010 07:18 AM
    Interesting read, althoug it can be argued both sides A bit like talkinglovebindingspell com] love spells in the middle of a thorough paper
    06-12-2010 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD