What do YOU use for a screen protector?

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I have an amazing amount of dust and hair on the tacky side. I'm going to give this a try, but my problem is I have no bottle of bottled / compressed air. My guess is it would have helped greatly. Oh well...

What grinds my gears is that the protector I ordered only came with 1 protector in it. The one I purchased for my iPhone had 2. At least I knew if I messed up (which I did BTW) then I have an insurance one...which was installed at an Apple Store.

So how did things end up working out for ya?

bconley007

May 9, 2010
Visit site
i'm running my ipad naked so far...up in the air about using a protector...is the glass used on ipad like Gorilla Glass? or just finger print resistant?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
i'm running my ipad naked so far...up in the air about using a protector...is the glass used on ipad like Gorilla Glass? or just finger print resistant?
I cannot speak to the former, but I gotta tell ya that I highly doubt the latter. MAD fingerprints, son!

lotuskid

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I use a bodyguardz full body shield. Just wanted to share this because I am very happy with it. When I first installed it there was a lot of bubbles and streaks that didn't go away after two days. Bodyguardz only sends one set so I was upset at having spent thirty dollars only to screw up the install.

I decided that I would attempt to remove the screen shield and reinstall. I'm happy to say that the screen peeled off very clean. So what I did is dip the whole shield in a bowl mixed with filtered water and a little bit of dish washing fluid. The soap lets you slide the shield around until its in place. So I reapplied the shield and now it looks nearly immaculate. I'm thrilled that the shield is versatile enough to be able to remove after being installed for two whole days.

I know people debate whether shields are necessary at all. In my opinion the added security is worth it, especially since you don't ruin the look of the device at all.

Hope this helps others in making a decision.

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
My brother tried the Incipio screen protector to no success. The bubbles would not just go away. Installing a screen protector on an iPad requires a lot of patience.

zachslusser

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I am using the zagg invisible shield. I bought it at best buy and they installed it on the screen for me for 7 or 8 bucks. It looks really nice and I didn't have to put it on. So it was worth it. I have never been a fan of zagg because of price but I decided Togo with it since that's all best buy had. So far I am happy.

lotuskid

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I a little confused, which one gives the best protection?

As in which screen protector? As far as I know there are two kinds - screen protectors and full body shields.

Companies like zagg and bodyguardz make full body shields that cover most of the surface of the iPad, front back everything. IMO this is the best protection without adding a case.

Or you can buy screen protectors only and get a case to protect the rest of the device.

Ilounge has a nice quick look and review on many different options

bconley007

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I read in the iPad user manual that the fingerprint resistant coating on the iPad eventually wears off over time according to the apple iPAd manual. So I guess it would be best to have a cover?

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I ended up buying the front and back Invisible Shield for my iPad. After using it for a while, I liked it okay, but the texture and feel of the touchscreen just didn't feel quite right with it on there. I eventually ended up taking it off the front and just going with a naked screen.

I did leave it on the back however. I love that it protects the metal on the back from scratches and also gives some texture that you can grip on to. I don't constantly feel like it's going to slip out of my hands anymore.

jmpetra

May 29, 2010
www.facebook.com
I was using Zagg on my iPhone but liked the look of Ghost Armor much better. So I put it on my phone and iPad both. Looks very good. I don't want to take a chance in damaging the surface, because then what, buy a new one or be bugged I didn't protect it first?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have to go pick it up tomorrow, just got the iPad on Friday. So I haven't removed the clear wrap it came in that's my protector for now :D Ghetto styles LOL I just cut the hole where the dock connector plugs in

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Over the holiday w/e I was in the Burlington Mall. Outside the Apple store there was a kiosk where they were selling and applying Ghost Armor. $20- for my iPhone screen, $30- for front and back. That's right; front and back.

This stuff is gorgeous. I swear my screen looks brighter with than w/o it. It is tough, jewel like, and smudge resistant. No bubbles, none.

It is $30- and $50- for the iPad and I can hardly wait to get mine done. The problem is that I live more than three hours from the Burlington mall. There are only a couple dozen kiosks in the country and half of them are in Arizona! Two malls in MA appear to be the only one's in the East.

Ghost Armor got a bad rep when they sold it for self application. It really needs to be applied by a tech. One just has to tolerate bubbles until one can get Ghost Armor applied.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Over the holiday w/e I was in the Burlington Mall. Outside the Apple store there was a kiosk where they were selling and applying Ghost Armor. $20- for my iPhone screen, $30- for front and back. That's right; front and back.

This stuff is gorgeous. I swear my screen looks brighter with than w/o it. It is tough, jewel like, and smudge resistant. No bubbles, none.

It is $30- and $50- for the iPad and I can hardly wait to get mine done. The problem is that I live more than three hours from the Burlington mall. There are only a couple dozen kiosks in the country and half of them are in Arizona! Two malls in MA appear to be the only one's in the East.

Ghost Armor got a bad rep when they sold it for self application. It really needs to be applied by a tech. One just has to tolerate bubbles until one can get Ghost Armor applied.

Doh!! I was in Arizona for a few days last week but didn't know about this. Why? Why?!!!!?