Hi. I tried to download The "small" version of the TWiT video netcast but the iPad 3G said I would have to use a wifi network to download it,since the file was more than 20MB in size.

Have any of you had a similar experience?

I thought it was odd considering the fact that iTunes has movies and tv shows, many of which I would expect to be at least 20MB in size.
    05-03-2010 02:33 PM
    The iPhone has had this restriction for a long time. I have not tried this explicitly on the iPad but I would expect this to be the same.
    05-03-2010 03:34 PM
    But yet the ipad isn't supposed to be a big iphone right? Glad those expectations are still the same.
    05-03-2010 03:53 PM
    I got the same error last night when i went to go download a game from the app store and said it was more than 20mb and that i had to be on wifi if i wanted to download said item.
    05-03-2010 04:39 PM
    But yet the ipad isn't supposed to be a big iphone right? Glad those expectations are still the same.
    It isn't iPhone / iPad, it's AT&T. You know the only company that the iPhone is on and they STILL don't offer a tethering package!
    05-03-2010 05:30 PM
    So if i bought a laptop/netbook with an internal at&t data card, these same limitations apply? Video is downgraded and all that? Just curious..
    05-03-2010 07:32 PM
    So if i bought a laptop/netbook with an internal at&t data card, these same limitations apply? Video is downgraded and all that? Just curious..
    No it doesn't. But it will cost you $60 a month, instead of the iPad or iPhone prices.
    05-04-2010 12:04 AM
    This limit is pretty bothersome when one considers that some people will probably choose 3G in part because they have limited access to wifi... Or maybe limited access during the day.

One would think that a wireless, always on connection would easily replace wifi, in EVERY way. It would be quite shocking and disappointing to find out this is not the case...after having bought a $500+ device and having signed up for a $30 web plan.

And then, there is the ABC app, wifi-only limitation (which, to be fair, is probably ABC's issue, not Apple's). It's really too bad, considering how much credit ABC got for beating the other networks to the iPad punch.
    05-04-2010 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD