Youtube is really slow on my iPad

CharlieBall

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I got a 64 gig Wifi only version on release date. I love the iPad.

But I try to watch youtube videos on it, but everything takes forever to load, I even go to my university's wifi to try to watch videos, despite the fact that the internet over there is amazing, videos still take forever to load.

Is it because the youtube app automatically tries to steam at 720p or what?

Any answers to this problem?

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
It works fine on mine. Every thing loads instantly.

The picture leaves alot to be desired when you make it full screen, though.

I'm not sure whats causing your issues, just wanted you to know it doesn't effect everyone. Perhaps go into the Genius Bar and have them take a look at it?

CharlieBall

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
well the thing is, the lower quality videos load up instantly, but I notice the widescreen videos are always the slow loading videos.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
When I go to YouTube on my WiFi iPad it is also slow as all hell. Netflix and ABC can stream Movies and TV Shows without a pause but YouTube for whatever reason is so slow for me.

Alexamo

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys,
I am french, living In France and I am having The same troubles. Videos starts then stops. On my ipad but also on my iPhone 3GS with the wifi. With 3G, it works but the video's quality is not the same. I am thinking (and hoping) that it could come from YouTube servers. As you are, I am ont having trouble watching vid?os on apple's web page or french vid?o site.

Hope somebody Will find an answer...

Alexamo

May 3, 2010
Visit site
A few minutes ago, I tried YouTube with my neighbour's provider and it worked perfectly... So I beleive that all my problems come from my provider's router...

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Wow. My YouTube isn't particularly slow, but it sure LOOKS like hell. Not sure why.

That's both, through the app and through the browser.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I called AT&T (my Internet provider) and asked about my Internet speed and they had me on the slowest speed when I asked for the fastest available. They fixed the problem and I tried YouTube and it loads fast now. Hopefully it continues to do the same only time will tell.

Alexamo

May 3, 2010
Visit site
At home, I have optimal fibre and n wifi. 8+ mbps on my iPad.... But it freeze! And it works fine with my old unbundled ADSL that I still have for a few days...
I beleive it is a question of router but as Brian says it could also be a question of speed...
I also hope that Apple will come with an update!

Alexamo

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,
I may have found a solution. I changed my provider DNS by statics DNS from opendns.com
Don't need to pay. Just register for a free account. I am not even sure you need an account...
Here are the DNS : 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

Tell me if it works for you!

Reactions: Jakkalope

Alexamo

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I found an interesting article on TUAW. About how to manage dns settings-for-faster-web-browsing
I can't give you the link cause I haven't posted enough...
It could help!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
When I go to YouTube on my WiFi iPad it is also slow as all hell. Netflix and ABC can stream Movies and TV Shows without a pause but YouTube for whatever reason is so slow for me.

I just started seeing the same behavior. Makes zero sense to me. Really aggravating.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Could the sporadic downloading speeds be YouTube-specific?

I don't think so. I don't think it has anything to do with download speed honestly. If I can stream 720p videos on my MacBook using the same wifi connection it has to be an iPad specific issue. At least I would think?

MontanaVista

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The more I use my iPad and youtube on it, I find it is very slow... Not sure what the problem is, but my blackberry loads videos faster than my iPad. And unfortunately I'm not exaggerating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro