now that i have my ipad...i'm definitely not taking it out without a cover...seems too fragile
    05-19-2010 01:03 PM
    I brought mine into an ER once while we were bringing in a patient. The nurses & doctors seemed more interested in the iPad than the patient. Heh.

Doctors *LOVE* the iPad. L O V E.
    05-19-2010 02:31 PM
    I brought mine into an ER once while we were bringing in a patient. The nurses & doctors seemed more interested in the iPad than the patient. Heh.

As someones who's wife is a doctor, they do indeed love it. She really think's they'll replace "charts" one day. My wife is a doc at UCLA, I could see it happening.
    05-19-2010 03:06 PM

Are you a fan of Nurse Jackie?
    05-19-2010 04:12 PM
    As someones who's wife is a doctor, they do indeed love it. She really think's they'll replace "charts" one day. My wife is a doc at UCLA, I could see it happening.
    She should check out Evernote and one of the several document scanners for the iPhone.

The docs have to get over their irrational preference for paper. My Google Health record is superior to, if not as specialized as, any chart that any of my providers or insurers have. None of them are equipped to exploit it. Only pharmacies are able to update it. Not only are the paper records inefficient, their use is highly error prone.

I think that you must have touched a sore place.
    Last edited by whmurray; 05-19-2010 at 04:22 PM.
    05-19-2010 04:15 PM
    Was watching Sling at breakfast the Deli this am. Was doing a demo for two high school seniors sharing my table. Drew a small crowd.
    05-19-2010 04:27 PM
    Are you a fan of Nurse Jackie?
    Yes, the wife and I both enjoy the show. Why do you ask?
    05-24-2010 02:47 PM
    I took my iPad with me on a trip recently. I wasn't at the airport 10 minutes before I was targeted! Sort of funny right after that we started boarding (cut it really close this time) so there wasn't a chance for anyone to ask me about it.
    05-24-2010 03:32 PM
    Yes, the wife and I both enjoy the show. Why do you ask?
    Because you mentioned "ER."
    05-24-2010 06:05 PM
    I take mine anywhere that I am going to be sitting down that has Wi-Fi. Starbucks, our local Nature Center. I can relax, write, whatever. People seem very interested and it starts a lot of conversations.
    05-28-2010 08:26 AM
    It just occured to me that this might be a great way for me to pick up guys

(Note: Everyone on here thinks I'm a guy. No, I'm not gay..I'm just a chick )

I don't mind showing it to people, but due to the sheer cost of this thing, its going to take an act of courage for me to take it out somewhere besides the car, plane, office...
    Oh, oh. My wife just went on a trip and she has her iPad.
    05-29-2010 03:21 PM
    Oh, oh. My wife just went on a trip and she has her iPad.
    Not to worry. The iPad will not make much difference one way or the other.
    05-31-2010 09:25 PM
    Hmmm, I wonder if it will attract women... I may have to give it a try...
    it's possible
    06-01-2010 05:56 PM
    Hmmm, I wonder if it will attract women... I may have to give it a try...
    My experience is that it attracts people, without regard to gender or age. You will have to sort that part out for yourself.
    06-01-2010 07:21 PM
    The first day it was on sale here everyone I saw on my train was asking all sorts of questions. Now even though I don't see anyone else with one I still see people staring at me and hear them whispering LOL. When I'm not sitting or at work I have it in my laptop bag since I leave it at work now.
    06-01-2010 10:21 PM
    The first day it was on sale here everyone I saw on my train was asking all sorts of questions. Now even though I don't see anyone else with one I still see people staring at me and hear them whispering LOL. When I'm not sitting or at work I have it in my laptop bag since I leave it at work now.
    On the sidewalk outside the cafe this afternoon, a ten year old said, "Look, Mom, that man has an iPad too."
    06-01-2010 10:35 PM
    On the sidewalk outside the cafe this afternoon, a ten year old said, "Look, Mom, that man has an iPad too."
    LOL hilarious I usually hear people whispering "is that an iPad?" "Look that's the iPad looks nice" etc.
    06-01-2010 10:52 PM
    I have been approached a few times in Starbucks, but I have only seen two people with an iPad (that weren't in an Apple Store).
    08-16-2010 08:10 AM
    I have been approached a few times in Starbucks, but I have only seen two people with an iPad (that weren't in an Apple Store).
    Every place I go. Any meeting room with more than a dozen people has two or more.
    08-16-2010 01:02 PM
    I dread bringing it out in public. I hate small talk and I generally don't like being disturbed when I'm doing something. When one ***** had asked me the question "is that an iPad?", I didn't answer and gave this nasty look to him.

I also bring large head phones and I crank up the music in an effort to prevent people invading my space.
    08-21-2010 08:35 PM
    I dread bringing it out in public. I hate small talk and I generally don't like being disturbed when I'm doing something. When one ***** had asked me the question "is that an iPad?", I didn't answer and gave this nasty look to him.

I also bring large head phones and I crank up the music in an effort to prevent people invading my space.
    I had a few of those conversations, today. I didn't give any dirty looks but people repeatedly interrupted me without acknowledging my earbuds or the less-and-less common courtesy of "excuse me."

I begin to like the attention less and less. For me, it's as much about HOW people approach me as it is the fact that they do.
    08-21-2010 11:52 PM
    Left my laptop home and took my iPad 3G with me on family vacation for a week--and glad I did, as there was no WiFi to be found at the beach.

My whole family plays Words With Friends, and while they were having to deal with the iPhone's screens, I was able to play and see the entire board at once. Nice.
    08-22-2010 12:30 PM
    I took my iPad out in the wild for the first time to a pub for Sunday lunch to show to the friend I was meeting there. I was amazed to see 3 other people with them.
    A quiet pub out in the country is not the first place I would expect to bump into other iPad owners!
    It did start a few conversations and comparison of the WiFi only and 3G versions, a 50-50 split.
    Is there a name for a collection of iPads? How about a Pool of iPads lol
    08-25-2010 06:35 PM
    Took mine to jury duty today, it was great to surf the internet while everyone else was reading books. MyWi tethering is fantastic haha

Didn't have anyone ask about it though, which I didn't really mind. The less people that notice that I have a expensive device with me in downtown the better.
    08-26-2010 03:58 PM
    You used an iPhone to supply a 'net connection with a Wifi iPad?
    08-26-2010 04:15 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD