So, I got the OK from my other half to get an iPad.. I have gone back and forth, but I think the idea of replacing the hundreds (seriously) of magazines I have in my office with digital versions might be the selling point.

I have a MBP 17" with a 23" cinema display that I use as a desktop.

I got the MBA when it cam out so I could travel with it.

the 17" was a brick compared to it.

NOW the iPad comes out. WhenI am not traveling, the MBA turns into my "couch" computer. My thoughts are this:

get the iPad, integrate it as much as possible. Sell the MBA and the MBP and get a new 15" MBP.

thoughts?

anyone trade in their MBA for an iPad and like it?
    04-30-2010 10:22 AM
    Depends on what you do on your leisure time. If you're a couch potato in your leisure time, get the iPad. If you do a lot of reading, iPad it is. If you want to do real work, iPad it isn't.
    04-30-2010 12:22 PM
    If you dont plan on creating with the iPad too much, other than a few writings, and keynotes, then you should be fine with the iPad.

Plus, you can probably get more value for your MBA now, before a new version comes out or the MBA is discontinued altogether.
    04-30-2010 05:58 PM
    If you don't have to use a specific Mac application or do a lot of typing then get the iPad, no brainer. Lighter, better for lots of tasks, and incredible battery life. I honestly haven't used my MBP since getting the iPad though I'm still using the desktop for synching and Mac tasks.
    04-30-2010 06:27 PM
    And depending on what you're looking for, I'd be interested in buying an
    MBA or MBP if the price is right.

I was thinking of getting the iPad, but realized I rather have a macbook
    and get the iPad later on down the line.
    07-21-2010 12:26 PM
    Get the MBP 13" if you only have one computer...
    07-21-2010 12:31 PM
    Get the MBP 13" if you only have one computer...
    I have a couple computers and one laptop.

Just missed a good mbp on eBay. Came home to late to make the bid,
    by 5 mins.
    07-21-2010 01:00 PM
    I currently have a MBP 17" (older) a MBA (1st gen) and the iPad

I'm planning on saving for a new MBP 13" - fully loaded, to replace both laptops and just run one.

Sux about the eBay... What is the MBA's running for now ???
    07-21-2010 01:02 PM
    I currently have a MBP 17" (older) a MBA (1st gen) and the iPad

I'm planning on saving for a new MBP 13" - fully loaded, to replace both laptops and just run one.

Sux about the eBay... What is the MBA's running for now ???
    A lot more than that $600 steal I could have had. I honestly don't
    know. I'm just getting into the mac scene (iPhone notwithstanding).
    07-21-2010 02:01 PM
    So, I got the OK from my other half to get an iPad.. I have gone back and forth, but I think the idea of replacing the hundreds (seriously) of magazines I have in my office with digital versions might be the selling point.

I have a MBP 17" with a 23" cinema display that I use as a desktop.

I got the MBA when it cam out so I could travel with it.

the 17" was a brick compared to it.

NOW the iPad comes out. WhenI am not traveling, the MBA turns into my "couch" computer. My thoughts are this:

get the iPad, integrate it as much as possible. Sell the MBA and the MBP and get a new 15" MBP.

thoughts?

anyone trade in their MBA for an iPad and like it?
    They're such different beasts that don't know why you wouldn't be able to choose between them.

Virtual keyboard vs physical keyboard.
    Ten inch screen vs ___.
    "Car" vs "truck."
    07-22-2010 11:11 AM
    Well like everyone said it depends what you plan to do with the iPad. I have a 17" MBP for my usual use. My iPad allows me to leave the MBP at work 4 days out of the week taking it home on the weekends. I use my iPad for email, surfing the web, twitter and other fun stuff. I have used Wordpress to update my blogs but anything hardcore would require me to bring my MBP home.
    07-22-2010 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD