Anyone get a shipping notice/tracking number yet?

Supes2000

Mar 17, 2006
Visit site
I spoke with Apple this morning, and was told that we will receive out iPad PRIOR to 5pm on Friday. Meaning that it will arrive on Friday, between 8am and 5pm, via FedEx. I gotta believe these iPads are in the USA. Otherwise, they would have shipped already.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
For anyone interested, here's my take on pre-order iPad 3G shipments: given the recent upgrades to "priority" shipping and the vast amount of shipping that Apple does via FedEx (think huge, ginormous contract), the pre-orders placed before the cut-off ("late April" as opposed to May 7 and beyond) will most likely ship on Thursday from stateside, overnight, and arrive to their new owners (that's you and me) on Friday before 5pm. Apple can be fairly tricky and they usually honor their shipping commitments. If for some reason mine DOESN'T arrive by Friday before 5pm, I will go down to the Apple Store and buy a 3G and either return or cancel the one I pre-ordered. :)

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I spoke with Apple this morning, and was told that we will receive out iPad PRIOR to 5pm on Friday. Meaning that it will arrive on Friday, between 8am and 5pm, via FedEx. I gotta believe these iPads are in the USA. Otherwise, they would have shipped already.

I doubt that it will arrive between 8 and 5. Priority/expedited shipping...before 3.

hsiegelman

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
No tracking number or signature form?

With accessories that I previously ordered from the Apple Store, they provided a FedEx tracking number and an opportunity to print out a signature form that I could leave on my door so the FedEx driver could leave the package in case I was not home.

Also, why assume that FedEx will get the delivery contract? I was told that the wi-fi iPads were shipped via UPS.

Supes2000

Mar 17, 2006
Visit site
Apple has shipping contract with both UPS and FedEx. The best shipper is chosen for the package and situation. Furthermore, I was told by the Apple rep that it would be FedEx.

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Looks like they are starting to post "prepaired for shipment". Mine hasn't moved get, but 9to5mac has posted about it with a screen shot... Here we gooooo!!!

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine still hasn't been noted as being prepped for shipment, but I'm sure it's coming. I want a shipping notice to make sure it'll be here Friday.

Jaayquan

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Prepared for Shipment

Add me to the Prepared for Shipment crowd. I ordered mine on 4/19. I'm excited too and not worried about getting it on Friday. I've ordered items from Amazon.com at 4 pm for overnight and got them the next day too many times to number. I'm sure Apple is at least as good. Hmmm now what excuse can I take to work from home on Friday??? :cool:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods