The suspense is killing me!
    04-28-2010 07:47 PM
    The suspense is killing me!
    Yeah, I hear ya. Relaaaaax. I'm telling ya, it will ship tomorrow, overnight, and arrive safely into your hands on Friday
    04-28-2010 10:14 PM
    Yeah, I hear ya. Relaaaaax. I'm telling ya, it will ship tomorrow, overnight, and arrive safely into your hands on Friday
    No charge. No change in status. Going to bed.
    04-28-2010 10:36 PM
    Mine now shows shipped!
    04-29-2010 05:45 AM
    Still says "Late April".

It is late April.

Argh!
    04-29-2010 08:44 AM
    I think the status change will be more of a knee jerk reaction. Meaning, that I think FedEx will already have the package in hand before you see the status change.
    04-29-2010 09:02 AM
    Mine now shows shipped!
    Great!

Mine still shows no charge, "prepared."

How many clicks does it take you to check status? Since I am probably going to be doing this all day, I would like to get the number down.
    04-29-2010 09:02 AM
    I think the status change will be more of a knee jerk reaction. Meaning, that I think FedEx will already have the package in hand before you see the status change.
    Perhaps. There are really two changes that I want to see. I want it to show "shipped" in Apple and a tracking number in FedEx.

Mine will be delivered to my mail drop. I rely upon FedEx to tell me that it has been delivered to the mail drop so that I know when to go over there. The FedEx tracking number is the key to this.

Since it is likely to take hours to do the initial sync, and since it is not really interesting until it has my data and apps, I want to start sync as early as possible.
    04-29-2010 09:14 AM
    Mine now shows shipped!
    Can anyone else corroborate this?
    04-29-2010 10:33 AM
    Yes! I do have tracking info now. Hot dawg!
    04-29-2010 10:51 AM
    Yes! I do have tracking info now. Hot dawg!
    Thanks. Did you get a message from Apple with the tracking number or did it show up in order status?
    04-29-2010 10:59 AM
    Just got my shipping notification and tracking number. Excellent!
    04-29-2010 11:11 AM
    They sent me the email and confirmed on the website...just showing at the moment that the info has been received.
    04-29-2010 11:19 AM
    I wish. I was in before the "MAY 7" crowd and have been charged 2 times that turned out as authorizations. As of this morning, I have no charge from my account and no tracking info. I still show "prepared for shipment".

So what do I do? I called Apple this morning, the wait to get a rep was 23 minutes! Then I got on the phone with the rudest Apple rep I have ever talked to. As I explained what the deal was (I had a complicated order process), he cut me mid story telling and said "basically you want to know if your going to get it tomorrow, right? The answer is YES. Thanks for calling Apple."

Wow. Well I hope it is true. He did also say that the charges do not go through until FedEx physically scans it in their system and is picked up. Today is going to be a long day.
    04-29-2010 11:38 AM
    As of 9:40 am MST, my iPad still shows "Prepared for Shipment." The clock is ticking, Apple. Get on it!
    04-29-2010 11:42 AM
    Just got word that my wife's 32G (ordered on 4/6) shipped, but I still haven't gotten shipping confirmation on my 32G (ordered on 3/12).
    04-29-2010 12:10 PM
    Just got word that my wife's 32G (ordered on 4/6) shipped, but I still haven't gotten shipping confirmation on my 32G (ordered on 3/12).
    Might one infer that they are not shipping in the sequence of order receipt? And, that some orders as late as 4/6 are shipping at least peer with earlier orders? If so, interesting?
    04-29-2010 12:17 PM
    They sent me the email and confirmed on the website...just showing at the moment that the info has been received.
    May I conclude that I can simply watch e-mail and stop checking status? When I get a tracking number, I can then watch events in FedEx.
    04-29-2010 12:23 PM
    Should have waited to post my last post. I just got an email confirming that mine has shipped as well. Both shipments say that they will be delivered by 3:00PM tomorrow.
    04-29-2010 12:25 PM
    May I conclude that I can simply watch e-mail and stop checking status? When I get a tracking number, I can then watch events in FedEx.
    I think you are spot on. The OCD part of me wants to keep checking the web site and my order status, but I might as well just wait for my email confirmation.
    04-29-2010 12:33 PM
    I wish. I was in before the "MAY 7" crowd and have been charged 2 times that turned out as authorizations. As of this morning, I have no charge from my account and no tracking info. I still show "prepared for shipment".

So what do I do? I called Apple this morning, the wait to get a rep was 23 minutes! Then I got on the phone with the rudest Apple rep I have ever talked to. As I explained what the deal was (I had a complicated order process), he cut me mid story telling and said "basically you want to know if your going to get it tomorrow, right? The answer is YES. Thanks for calling Apple."

Wow. Well I hope it is true. He did also say that the charges do not go through until FedEx physically scans it in their system and is picked up. Today is going to be a long day.
    Consider how long his day is going to be. Ninety percent of his calls are going to be from obsessive compulsives whose stories are not going to influence his answer. He just wants to "cut to the chase." The ninety percent are keeping him from getting to the few interesting cases he will hear during the day. Talk about your long day.
    04-29-2010 12:41 PM
    I think you are spot on. The OCD part of me wants to keep checking the web site and my order status, but I might as well just wait for my email confirmation.
    Because I may check my e-mail from any one of soon to be five devices, it is set for "pull." I have long since forgotten how to return to the default.
    04-29-2010 12:44 PM
    Mine was picked up at 5:30 A.M. EST in Middletown PA. They still have haven't charged my bank account for it. I feel like a kid on Chrismas Eve! Maybe we should refer to today as iPad 3G Eve... I keep checking the FedEx site but there hasn't been a status change since it was picked up.
    04-29-2010 01:03 PM
    Consider how long his day is going to be. Ninety percent of his calls are going to be from obsessive compulsives whose stories are not going to influence his answer. He just wants to "cut to the chase." The ninety percent are keeping him from getting to the few interesting cases he will hear during the day. Talk about your long day.
    Oh I understand that. In fact I said to the guy that I am sure all his calls today are regarding this. But as I said before my order had quite a few hicups, cancellation emails (for some reason), etc. I wanted to make sure what I was told last week still held true.
    04-29-2010 01:08 PM
    Oh I understand that. In fact I said to the guy that I am sure all his calls today are regarding this. But as I said before my order had quite a few hicups, cancellation emails (for some reason), etc. I wanted to make sure what I was told last week still held true.
    lol. chuckle, chuckle.

And all he wanted to do was tell you, "yes."
    04-29-2010 01:17 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD