Simultaneous iPod Touch and iPad

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey, there, I'm considering having both and iPod Touch (which I own now) and an iPad together. Basically, the iPod would become, among other things, a hardware backup for the iPad should a serious problem occur that would leave me without it for a time.

I have run my business on an old Palm device for years, and will soon be porting everything over to the iPod. Besides having software backup I have a duplicate spare Palm handheld waiting on the shelf, should it fail (it can and does happen), and I can instantly be up and running again.

I was just going to use the iPod Touch, but the more I look over and consider the iPad, the more impressed I am with it; quite simply, the big display and beautiful resolution are worth it to me to own one (though I've always had excellent vision, being in my early fifties means that reading glasses are a common part of my functioning during the day, especially with my handheld devices). So, I thought a perfect solution would be to have the iPad as the main device and keep the iPod for a backup (and a business device going places with me where I don't want to bring the iPad).

Is anyone else doing/going to do something like this? Any prudent insight or observations?

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping this topic would be about apps that use functions of the iTouch/iPhone with the iPad, like as a second screen or something like that. I could totally see using my iPod Touch as a controller for iPad games, for example.

In any case, I doubt I'll be using mine as a backup or anything like that, mainly because my Touch has only 16 GB and my iPad will have 64, so it wouldn't be able to backup everything I needed. My plan is to either sell the Touch altogether, or to separate their functions enough to make each one individually useful. For example, all music, utility apps, and pick-up-and-play games on my Touch, with Videos, in-depth games, work applications, etc on my iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox