Would you wait for an iPad with camera?

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
This post is strictly for fun and curiosity. If you knew that a new iPad would be released over Christmas, and it had a front-facing camera that could be used for iChat, would you still buy the current iPad now or would you wait until Christmas? :)

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
Nope. I don't believe in waiting for the "next great thing." If I fell into that trap, I would never have what I do now. I'd rather enjoy something now for what it can do now, and consider upgrading later if the mood strikes me.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I've never used the front facing camera in my laptop. Can't imagine i'd have much use for one on ipad.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Nope. Definitely enjoying the iPad as is now. I can always think about upgrading next year if the changes are compelling.

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I agree, I think for the general population, a front facing camera is still a bit of a novelty. Sure, there are those people that use it to communicate with family/freinds that live far away or work. I am in the tech sales industry and I sell to people all the time and this doesn't really stick out as a "must have item" for them. I think people would play with it once or twice then forget about it. I have them on a few of my systems I have and don't use them. I guess maybe my issue, is that most people just don't communicate this way, so who whould I call that would have a cam set up too? Would it be "creepy" to call on video? Maybe it's just cause it isn't a norm for most people yet and I think use might be limited. Now, I could see it being used for other things like face recognition for games, etc. That might be cool... I guess video chatting is kinda where email was 10 years ago... It's gonna still take some more time to get adopted widely.

AAFD

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Don't need a camera, but I am waiting for 3G model come's out and I can spend some time with one at the apple store:)

KC

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I was on the same fence when it actually came out of whether to wait until the 2nd generation or just get it now. However I decided what's the point of waiting Apple products usually hold their value very well so if that came out I could sell the one I have and make up the difference.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Let's make it more interesting. What if the same camera-equipped iPad was going to be released in "late June". Would you wait? Sell your existing iPad and upgrade to the new one?

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I agree I really in all honesty dont NEED a camera on the iPad. It would be nice I guess but not something required really. Also no way would I wait. Whats the point? Wait till next year for say a camera, but then the next model will be faster so wait for that one right? It would be never ending as products always get "better" yearly so no one would own anything if they waited for the best product.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I agree I really in all honesty dont NEED a camera on the iPad. It would be nice I guess but not something required really. Also no way would I wait. Whats the point? Wait till next year for say a camera, but then the next model will be faster so wait for that one right? It would be never ending as products always get "better" yearly so no one would own anything if they waited for the best product.

I actually agree with you ... I just wanted to throw this hypothetical out there because I was curious what people would think :) My philosophy is buy it now and consider it an investment in geekness :) Like the iPhone, I fully anticipate making the iPad part of my life for the next several years and will just plan on upgrading every 1-2 years. I always take exceptional care of my mobile devices (and my belongings in general) so I can usually get top dollar back when it's time to sell.

paulrkiii

Sep 29, 2009
www.facebook.com
as much as I love apple I never buy a first generation anything...I'll eventually get an ipad but I'm thinking it'll be this time next year....

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
Sadly, I think they're following their "iPod touch won't have a camera" mantra with the iPad.

I hope to be wrong, but I'll be $629 wrong if I am.

ChatRoulette would be funny, but I couldn't stay on that site for more than thirty seconds without closing the lid on my MacBook in disgust.

iChat and Skype FTW. I needs me some videoconferencing with my family and friends, something I've been waiting for years to see go mainstream.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711