I'm wondering how you, mostly men, carry your iPad around? Have you found a sling bag? I'm not fond of the man-purse, so I'm trying to figure out what I would use to carry it.

Thanks for any ideas or links.
    04-21-2010 11:14 PM
    I just carry it in the Apple case. Works just carrying like carrying portfolio with notepad. If I need both hands for a moment, I just throw it under my arm and hold it there. With this device, I don't want to put it in a bag or something that I have to open, get it out, and then use it. I like being able to open the flap, press home, slide to unlock and ready to go.
    04-21-2010 11:22 PM
    I just carry it in the Apple case. Works just carrying like carrying portfolio with notepad. If I need both hands for a moment, I just throw it under my arm and hold it there. With this device, I don't want to put it in a bag or something that I have to open, get it out, and then use it. I like being able to open the flap, press home, slide to unlock and ready to go.
    Will be carrying my iPad in my Scottevest fleece 5.0.
    04-21-2010 11:32 PM
    I will be carrying mine in my H.A.L. Backpack from Timbuk2. It's pretty sweet and will work for my 15" MBP or my iPad. I like it a lot!
    04-22-2010 12:29 AM
    I'm checking out the Scottevest products also, but I won't be always wearing the same vest or jacket so I think I might search for a nice slim messenger bag for when I don't want to carry the iPad in my hands but also don't want to carry my larger messenger bag. Time to do some searching!
    04-22-2010 12:32 AM
    So far just carrying it in the Apple case. I must say it's not nearly as convenient as the iPhone when out and about (obviously). Mostly I use it at home.
    04-22-2010 03:36 AM
    Yeah- if I could find a nice sling type bag I might use it. Otherwise I'll just carry it (when I eventually get one) in my laptop bag.
    04-22-2010 04:25 AM
    I'm checking out the Scottevest products also, but I won't be always wearing the same vest or jacket so I think I might search for a nice slim messenger bag for when I don't want to carry the iPad in my hands but also don't want to carry my larger messenger bag. Time to do some searching!
    That's what I'm looking for!! Pleas do share...
    04-22-2010 06:24 AM
    I got a belt clip.
    04-22-2010 07:12 AM
    It obviously depends on what kind of look you are going for, but again, I have a backpack type bag from Timbuk2, and I also have a messenger bag from them as well. They are practically indestructible and you can design your own bag. Oh, and no, I do not work for them, I'm just a fan.
    04-22-2010 09:08 AM
    Well, considering I'm a female, I can just put a case on it and slide it into my purse.

Or, put a case on it and carry it around like, well, a book/notebook/legal pad case kinda thing.

I'm also planning on sewing my own case for it, so I can add pen slots, business card slots, pockets and such in there. I might be able to rig something up so that it functions kind of like an oddly shaped purse and carries my credit cards, DL, lipstick, etc. I dunno, I need to get my hands on one and get in there to design something before I really know how it's going to work for me. I am worried about things in the pockets scratching the screen somehow...so I'll need to figure that part out.
    04-22-2010 09:52 AM
    I carry it down my pants like the dude at the award show LOL

I'll be carrying it in my incase laptop knapsack. I carry it everyday with my laptop and lunch. Once I get the iPad my laptop will be staying chained to my desk so I will slide it into the spot in my bag. Anywhere else I'll be driving so it will be sitting on my passenger seat in it's case/sleeve.
    04-22-2010 10:35 AM
    I thought about doing something similar, but it is generally too warm here for that. I can use my "tech jacket," as I call it, more when I'm travelling or during the Fall.

I've taken to using a small bag (I forget what they're called) with tie strings for straps. I'd actually prefer a smaller one speficially for that purpose, but for bike riding, in general, that extra space comes in a handy.

People talk sometimes (no one in THIS thread) as if the iPad is HUGE and heavy. Maybe it is, when compared to the Kindle, but it's not so bad.
    Last edited by west3man; 04-22-2010 at 09:27 PM.
    04-22-2010 11:51 AM
    That's what I'm looking for!! Pleas do share...
    I'll gladly share when I find what I'm looking for... I'll post it up on this thread
    04-22-2010 12:11 PM
    I bought an Incase sleeve for it..

Nice product but steep in price at $40, and I find myself just carrying the iPad around without it or in my backpack that has a specific slot for a computer..
    04-22-2010 08:50 PM
    I plan on carrying mine around next week in the Renaissance-Art.com Folder Holder.

Leather Folio
    04-22-2010 10:31 PM
    I've been surfing for 2 days now. I'm thinking of a horizontal sling messenger bag, but one that is only slightly bigger than the iPad. I don't really like the vertical bags, as they seem too similar to a purse. I already bought the Apple Case, which I haven't opened yet.

If anyone sees a nice bag like that, I would love to check it out.
    Thanks!
    04-22-2010 11:58 PM
    I'm thinking about buying one of those clear "shields" and just carrying it like that.

Something like the X-Shield advertised on the front page.
    04-23-2010 12:07 AM
    I already carry a purse, as a fashionable young man who is not afraid of the opinions of others. haha.
    Not sure if I will really get an iPad yet, but if I do, no problem XD
    04-23-2010 12:07 AM
    It's a Carry All! It's European!
    04-23-2010 12:41 AM
    Either with the Apple case, or naked in a neoprene sleeve. I love the feel of the iPad.
    04-23-2010 03:23 AM
    So, for all the people only using a sleeve or case, if you're going to be out for the day you will carry it in your hand/on your arm for hours on end? You won't want a bag of some sort?
    04-23-2010 06:40 AM
    So, for all the people only using a sleeve or case, if you're going to be out for the day you will carry it in your hand/on your arm for hours on end? You won't want a bag of some sort?
    Here's the (week old, but amusingly appropriate) answer to that problem: iPad Chain is the newest fashion craze - CNN iReport
    04-23-2010 07:17 AM
    So another question comes to mind, with the guy who lost a finger when buying his iPad and so many carrying it in hand or in a sleeve under your arm aren't you afraid someone will run past you and yank it out of your hand/arm? They should come with a 4,000 volt shock case so when someone grabs it and runs off you can activate it and teach them a small lesson
    04-23-2010 08:27 AM
    + 2 on the scottee vest. I just a got a windbreaker too.
    04-23-2010 09:36 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD