How will you carry your iPad around? Man-purse?

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
I'm wondering how you, mostly men, carry your iPad around? Have you found a sling bag? I'm not fond of the man-purse, so I'm trying to figure out what I would use to carry it.

Thanks for any ideas or links.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I just carry it in the Apple case. Works just carrying like carrying portfolio with notepad. If I need both hands for a moment, I just throw it under my arm and hold it there. With this device, I don't want to put it in a bag or something that I have to open, get it out, and then use it. I like being able to open the flap, press home, slide to unlock and ready to go.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I just carry it in the Apple case. Works just carrying like carrying portfolio with notepad. If I need both hands for a moment, I just throw it under my arm and hold it there. With this device, I don't want to put it in a bag or something that I have to open, get it out, and then use it. I like being able to open the flap, press home, slide to unlock and ready to go.

Will be carrying my iPad in my Scottevest fleece 5.0.

kbreslaw

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I will be carrying mine in my H.A.L. Backpack from Timbuk2. It's pretty sweet and will work for my 15" MBP or my iPad. I like it a lot!

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com

I'm checking out the Scottevest products also, but I won't be always wearing the same vest or jacket so I think I might search for a nice slim messenger bag for when I don't want to carry the iPad in my hands but also don't want to carry my larger messenger bag. Time to do some searching!

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
So far just carrying it in the Apple case. I must say it's not nearly as convenient as the iPhone when out and about (obviously). Mostly I use it at home.

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
I'm checking out the Scottevest products also, but I won't be always wearing the same vest or jacket so I think I might search for a nice slim messenger bag for when I don't want to carry the iPad in my hands but also don't want to carry my larger messenger bag. Time to do some searching!

That's what I'm looking for!! Pleas do share...

kbreslaw

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
It obviously depends on what kind of look you are going for, but again, I have a backpack type bag from Timbuk2, and I also have a messenger bag from them as well. They are practically indestructible and you can design your own bag. Oh, and no, I do not work for them, I'm just a fan.

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, considering I'm a female, I can just put a case on it and slide it into my purse.

Or, put a case on it and carry it around like, well, a book/notebook/legal pad case kinda thing.

I'm also planning on sewing my own case for it, so I can add pen slots, business card slots, pockets and such in there. I might be able to rig something up so that it functions kind of like an oddly shaped purse and carries my credit cards, DL, lipstick, etc. I dunno, I need to get my hands on one and get in there to design something before I really know how it's going to work for me. I am worried about things in the pockets scratching the screen somehow...so I'll need to figure that part out.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I carry it down my pants like the dude at the award show LOL

I'll be carrying it in my incase laptop knapsack. I carry it everyday with my laptop and lunch. Once I get the iPad my laptop will be staying chained to my desk so I will slide it into the spot in my bag. Anywhere else I'll be driving so it will be sitting on my passenger seat in it's case/sleeve.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I thought about doing something similar, but it is generally too warm here for that. I can use my "tech jacket," as I call it, more when I'm travelling or during the Fall.

I've taken to using a small bag (I forget what they're called) with tie strings for straps. I'd actually prefer a smaller one speficially for that purpose, but for bike riding, in general, that extra space comes in a handy.

People talk sometimes (no one in THIS thread) as if the iPad is HUGE and heavy. Maybe it is, when compared to the Kindle, but it's not so bad.

Last edited:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I bought an Incase sleeve for it..

Nice product but steep in price at $40, and I find myself just carrying the iPad around without it or in my backpack that has a specific slot for a computer..

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
I've been surfing for 2 days now. I'm thinking of a horizontal sling messenger bag, but one that is only slightly bigger than the iPad. I don't really like the vertical bags, as they seem too similar to a purse. I already bought the Apple Case, which I haven't opened yet.

If anyone sees a nice bag like that, I would love to check it out.
Thanks!

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying one of those clear "shields" and just carrying it like that.

Something like the X-Shield advertised on the front page.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I already carry a purse, as a fashionable young man who is not afraid of the opinions of others. haha.
Not sure if I will really get an iPad yet, but if I do, no problem XD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox