The official, "I finally got charged for my iPad 3G!" thread.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Man, I'm going absolutely NUTS waiting. Horrible, horrible torture.

I finally forced myself to stop reading iPad blogs, app reviews, etc. That was making it worse.

To top matters off, my parents, who just roll their eyes at my tech addition and are sick of hearing me describe the torture, actually WON an WiFi iPad from some radio contest. I went over there yesterday for dinner and my dad pulls out his iPad. I about had to go change my pants. He says, "Funny thing is, we got ours before you did."

Omg...TORTURE!!! At least I get to play with theirs, that helps a tiny bit.

The techno gods are laughing at you. ;) Sheesh! You just described my kind of luck. As I've wished the past few weeks to fly by in a flash, I feel a little guilty that I'm wishing for precious moments of MY LIFE to speed by so I can get my hands on an iPad. This "i" illness knows no bounds!

MNofsinger

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine still says that it is shipping in late April, the charge has been pending on my account since 04/21/2010. I will feel so much better once it says it is bein prepared for shipment! Come on Apple!

MNofsinger

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, the pending charge has been removed from my checking card. I wonder what is up with this. Only 3 days lft until the 30th.

amyloo

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Crazy stuff going on with my charges this morning. I split the amount between my debit and credit cards. Debit had been charged several days ago, and this morning the amount has been credited again. The credit card portion never had been charged, but I could tell the card had been checked because the available balance was reduced by the amount of the charge. Now this morning the available balance is back up to the pre-ipad order amount. In one sense it's encouraging there's some activity. On the other hand it's a step back.

Also, saw in a Twitter search today a report that someone called Apple and was told the 3Gs are in the states. They won't ship from China, which could explain why it might go right down to the wire on shipping status -- could ship Thursday and still arrive Friday.

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I don't think you will see a final charge until the order ships, because they can't actually charge you before the package is in transit. I have ordered 6 accessories and all have shipped seperately. Each one didn't hit my account until after it was in the air, so I think watching the bank account is gonna be a waste of time. The "pending" charges will come and go.... Until you see a shipment notification, I wouldn't get too excited or scared.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I don't think you will see a final charge until the order ships, because they can't actually charge you before the package is in transit. I have ordered 6 accessories and all have shipped seperately. Each one didn't hit my account until after it was in the air, so I think watching the bank account is gonna be a waste of time. The "pending" charges will come and go.... Until you see a shipment notification, I wouldn't get too excited or scared.

Perhaps. However, even FedEx can do only so much magic. If they have not shipped yet.........?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Crazy stuff going on with my charges this morning. I split the amount between my debit and credit cards. Debit had been charged several days ago, and this morning the amount has been credited again. The credit card portion never had been charged, but I could tell the card had been checked because the available balance was reduced by the amount of the charge. Now this morning the available balance is back up to the pre-ipad order amount. In one sense it's encouraging there's some activity. On the other hand it's a step back.

Also, saw in a Twitter search today a report that someone called Apple and was told the 3Gs are in the states. They won't ship from China, which could explain why it might go right down to the wire on shipping status -- could ship Thursday and still arrive Friday.
For FedEx, China adds at most twelve hours.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
My personal game plan: If Thursday comes and I still haven't received a shipment notification, I will make preliminary plans to stop by my local Apple Store Friday evening to buy an iPad 3G and I'll cancel my pre-order. As Friday rolls around and my iPad doesn't show up at my work where it is being shipped, I will definitely go to the store after work to get my iPad 3G and will then cancel my pre-order (or return it if it actually ships). Easy-peasy. :)

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine it shipping any later than tomorrow. Even then, that only leaves two days for the entire United States. I guess they could wait until Thursday and overnight it to everyone, but why risk it?

It's still a bit early to panic, but I am slightly concerned that it's already the 27th and no one has heard a peep out of Apple in terms of shipping their orders.

Supes2000

Mar 17, 2006
Visit site
I just posted this on another thread....

I spoke with Apple this morning, and was told that we will receive out iPad PRIOR to 5pm on Friday. Meaning that it will arrive on Friday, between 8am and 5pm, via FedEx. I gotta believe these iPads are in the USA. Otherwise, they would have shipped already. As of this morning, Apple did not have shipping numbers. hhhmmmm....

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
My personal game plan: If Thursday comes and I still haven't received a shipment notification, I will make preliminary plans to stop by my local Apple Store Friday evening to buy an iPad 3G and I'll cancel my pre-order. As Friday rolls around and my iPad doesn't show up at my work where it is being shipped, I will definitely go to the store after work to get my iPad 3G and will then cancel my pre-order (or return it if it actually ships). Easy-peasy. :)

you're a little wierd.

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
iBri... Check your order... Looks like they are starting to update the status to "prepaired for shipment". Mine hasn't changed yet, but I have seen screen shots of others that have

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro