Crazy stuff going on with my charges this morning. I split the amount between my debit and credit cards. Debit had been charged several days ago, and this morning the amount has been credited again. The credit card portion never had been charged, but I could tell the card had been checked because the available balance was reduced by the amount of the charge. Now this morning the available balance is back up to the pre-ipad order amount. In one sense it's encouraging there's some activity. On the other hand it's a step back.

Also, saw in a Twitter search today a report that someone called Apple and was told the 3Gs are in the states. They won't ship from China, which could explain why it might go right down to the wire on shipping status -- could ship Thursday and still arrive Friday.
    For FedEx, China adds at most twelve hours.
    04-27-2010 11:49 AM
    My personal game plan: If Thursday comes and I still haven't received a shipment notification, I will make preliminary plans to stop by my local Apple Store Friday evening to buy an iPad 3G and I'll cancel my pre-order. As Friday rolls around and my iPad doesn't show up at my work where it is being shipped, I will definitely go to the store after work to get my iPad 3G and will then cancel my pre-order (or return it if it actually ships). Easy-peasy.
    04-27-2010 02:27 PM
    I can't imagine it shipping any later than tomorrow. Even then, that only leaves two days for the entire United States. I guess they could wait until Thursday and overnight it to everyone, but why risk it?

It's still a bit early to panic, but I am slightly concerned that it's already the 27th and no one has heard a peep out of Apple in terms of shipping their orders.
    04-27-2010 02:36 PM
    This is getting interesting...I feel they MUST already be in the US by now....right??
    04-27-2010 02:50 PM
    I just posted this on another thread....

I spoke with Apple this morning, and was told that we will receive out iPad PRIOR to 5pm on Friday. Meaning that it will arrive on Friday, between 8am and 5pm, via FedEx. I gotta believe these iPads are in the USA. Otherwise, they would have shipped already. As of this morning, Apple did not have shipping numbers. hhhmmmm....
    04-27-2010 03:07 PM
    My personal game plan: If Thursday comes and I still haven't received a shipment notification, I will make preliminary plans to stop by my local Apple Store Friday evening to buy an iPad 3G and I'll cancel my pre-order. As Friday rolls around and my iPad doesn't show up at my work where it is being shipped, I will definitely go to the store after work to get my iPad 3G and will then cancel my pre-order (or return it if it actually ships). Easy-peasy.
    you're a little wierd.
    04-27-2010 04:39 PM
    you're a little wierd.
    That's a strange comment to make. Having a bad day?
    04-27-2010 05:32 PM
    iBri... Check your order... Looks like they are starting to update the status to "prepaired for shipment". Mine hasn't changed yet, but I have seen screen shots of others that have
    04-27-2010 07:35 PM
    iBri... Check your order... Looks like they are starting to update the status to "prepaired for shipment". Mine hasn't changed yet, but I have seen screen shots of others that have
    No change.
    04-27-2010 07:40 PM
    No change yet. My theory: they will ship overnight on Thursday
    04-27-2010 07:47 PM
    I just checked my order and it is now stating "preparing for shipment".

I used to say "not shipped yet".

I am expecting an email tonight or tomorrow from fed ex that it received info for shipping.

Friday is almost here.

04-27-2010 08:22 PM
    Mine also says that it is being prepared for shipment!
    04-27-2010 08:40 PM
    Woot woot! Mine too!
    04-27-2010 08:51 PM
    I just checked my order and it is now stating "preparing for shipment".

I used to say "not shipped yet".

I am expecting an email tonight or tomorrow from fed ex that it received info for shipping.

Friday is almost here.

Ditto.
    04-27-2010 10:08 PM
    Mine still says "Not Yet Shipped". This doesn't surprise me. I am going to have to wait until NEXT weekend before I get mine, I think. More agony.

I had the bright idea to go ahead and stand in line on Friday at noonish to see if I can pick one up at the store, but when I mentioned that to the Apple lady who called me last week, she mentioned that it might not be possible for them to cancel my online order and then recharge for the inperson one becaue the bank usually takes 3-5 business days to release my funds to me.

I did call the bank and they said that's baloney that all Apple has to do is cancel the order and release my funds back to me that they have a hold on.

I don't have 1600 sitting in my bank account to buy two right now, and Apple is holding the funds on the online ordered one, so unless I can get them to work a miracle and cancel the one on order and then charge me for the one in my hand, I'll prolly have to wait till next Friday/Saturday before mine ships.

However, I am going to give it a whirl. I've taken the day off work and I'll go stand in line with all the other excited fools.

Rest assured, however, that if you don't see me for a week, that means I DIDNT get one and I can't bear to read the boards while you all gush about yours...lol...I'll be back once I get one tho!
    04-27-2010 10:30 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD